Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Creamy Jalapeño Popper Dip

Pin It!




Dip is my thing. You know this. I've shared this with you in the past and I just want to restate it one last time: I heart dip. Any dip. The creamier and cheesier the better... There comes a time in every girl's life where she makes a dip that she loves almost as much as she loves her family. Okay, so maybe that was a little exaggerated, but what I'm getting at here is that this recipe for Jalapeño Popper Dip that i'm going to share with you today is one of my new favorite things in the whole wide world. And that's the truth.


The next time you're looking for a dip to make for a party, a get-together, the Oscars (coming up later this month!) I would highly recommend giving this one a try...




But only if you love things that are ooey gooey and delicious. If you don't love things that are cheesy and flavorful and filled with delicious bits of bacon then definitely look the other way and avoid this recipe completely. It's not for you. RUN!



But, if you're like me and you love bacon and cheese and jalapeño poppers, then you're going to be in heaven when you taste this dip. And you're going to want to make it again and again and again. 



And you will make it again and again and again. Your husband will also ask you to make it again and again and again. And... when you think you've had it too much and that you can't possibly eat it again, a friend will ask you to make it for your next get-together. 

Basically, I'm gifting you this delicious dip recipe today because I care about you and your well-being. I want you to be happy and I want your friends and family members to be happy, too.

So, just make the dip. The end.


Jalapeño Popper Dip:

Ingredients: 
  • 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeños
  • 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
  • 1 cup + 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 3 tablespoons sliced green onion


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine jalapeños, cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, jack cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and bacon (reserve about 1 tablespoon for garnish!). Make sure the mixture is well combined and there are no huge lumps of cream cheese. Spread mixture into your baking dish (a pie pan works great!) Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese over the top. 

Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until dip is bubbly and cheese is melted. 

Top with green onion and crumbled bacon, or you can add some sliced jalapeños!

Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.

3 comments :

  1. My husband will go nuts over this dip!! We love jalapenos and cream cheese around here so this is right up our alley! :)
    Ami || NaiveCookCooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I would scarf this down! Sharing to my FB page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome looking dip. I can almost taste it! You are being featured over at Simple Supper Tuesday this week. We hope you can join us again, starting Monday night at 8pm, EST.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...