Thursday, April 21, 2011

Marshmallow Pops

Pin It!

Yesterday was my daughter's ballet class, so we decided to make an easter treat for all her classmates. I've been seeing these Marshmallow Pops around the blogosphere for a while now and thought they were super adorable! Plus, I still had tons of easter sprinkles left from previous treats. We got up early wednesday morning and melted the chocolate, dipped the marshmallows, put on the sprinkles, let them dry, packaged them up, tied the cute little ribbons on them all, put plastic easter grass in a little easter basket, put the pops in the easter basket and then we were all ready to go! We were running a little late and all I could think of was my sweet little daughter freaking out because "we'll miss the marching and that's my FAVORITE part!!" We finally got there, she grabbed her basket, got her ballet bag and... there's a huge sign on the door that says "Studio is closed for Spring Break!" I love when stuff like this happens, it reminds me of what a horribly unorganized human being I truly am.

We ended up taking the pops to my sister in law's house and handing them out to her family and her in-laws who are visiting from Scotland. On top of that, some of her music students happened to be there for lessons, so it all worked out in the end! My lesson has been learned. Never, EVER throw away or misplace any important documents that may or may not list very important dates.

Marshmallow Pops Recipe:
20 Marshmallows
20 lollipop sticks
1/2 bag white chocolate or milk chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
Assorted sprinkles

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler along with shortening.

Put the lollipop sticks into the marshmallows.

Dip the top 1/3 of the marshmallow into the chocolate and allow the excess chocolate to drip off.

Now, just personalize to your liking with the sprinkles!

Probably the easiest treat to make!

Linked up with:
Sun Scholars, Alli-n-Son, Dee Dee's Delights

4 comments :

  1. So glad you posted this! I have seen them around blogland too but haven't tried them, you know what's funny is that I bought all the materials for this about a month ago but being the procrastinator that I am, it's still sitting in the Hobby Lobby bag! Terrible, I know! Maybe this will get my behind moving!

    --Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a special sunday Easter Linky buffet Any Easter recipe accepted no limit to what you like to submit. I am taking submissions till saturday. http://deedeesdelights.blogspot.com/p/special-easter-sunday-buffet.html

    I love it if you add this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO need to make these thanks for the post! my boys LOVE marshmallows :) xoxo

    Oh, and thanks for entering the giveaways and hanging with me on fb :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...