Saturday, February 23, 2013

Santa Fe Chicken Dip

Pin It!

Recently, I was sent some samples of Cabot Cheese to use in my cooking... and oh, boy! I am completely addicted to the stuff now. I honestly didn't know what I was missing out on! The cheese is so amazingly flavorful and sharp and I love it so much! I could talk about it for hours and hours and hours. I could also eat it for hours and hours and hours... But, I won't! I promise.

So, you know how the Academy Awards are coming on tomorrow night? I thought I could use some of this magical cheese to create some yummy food for Awards night! In my family, they're kind of a big deal. We like to get together and have a grand ol' time with lots of yummy food and we even have a cute little trophy for the person who chooses the most winners of the night correctly! It's pretty cool and hip. I'm pretty excited about it...

For my first "Oscar" recipe this year, I decided to create a Santa Fe dip! I love dip. I mean, I really love dip. I could live on the stuff... And this dip recipe just sort of came to me as I sat there staring at a can of Ro*Tel! It's creamy, it's bubbly, it's full of chicken, beans and other yummy things! Plus, it's loaded with Cabot Cheese... so, you really can't go wrong! It makes a ton of dip, enough for a huge crowd, so you could definitely cut the recipe in half if you have a smaller gathering! Enjoy!



Santa Fe Chicken Dip Recipe: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:

2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (shredded)
1 (10 ounce) can of Ro*tel Original
1 cup mayonnaise
1 large chipotle pepper (packed in adobo)
2 (8 ounce) blocks of cream cheese

1 (15 ounce) can of black beans
3/4 cup sweet corn
8 ounces Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.


In a food processor (or blender) combine chipotle pepper and mayonnaise. Set aside.

In a large pan over medium heat, place shredded chicken. Add Ro*tel and cook for a minute. Place cream cheese in pan and melt completely. Add chipotle mayonnaise, stir and combine. Turn off heat.  Stir in black beans, corn and cheese. Pour into a large baking dish.

Bake, uncovered for 15-16 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Recipe yields about 6 cups.

mop it up mondaysToday's Creative Blog  photo SimpleSupperTuesday_zps93ff0e49.jpgWonderful Food WednesdayPhotobucketFoodie Friends Friday

16 comments :

  1. Ohmygoodness, I nearly licked my monitor. That looks delicious!

    I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.
    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-9/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks sensational! I could dig into this with some nice chewy baguette and call it dinner, LOL. Thanks for linking up to Simple Supper Tuesday and hope to see you again next week :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much what we did the first day I made it! hehe! :)

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from Simple Supper Tuesday. I could make an entire meal of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good. I love spicy dips! Pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual recipe doesn't really make it a spicy dip, but you can definitely make it spicy by using the spicy ro*tel or adding some jalapenos ;)

      Delete
  5. Y U M !!! Pinned ;) Thanks for the delicious recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this recipe on FB and then couldn't find it again when I wanted to pin it, so I'm so glad you brought it to the Foodie Friends Friday Party! :) I can't wait to make this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is very excited to try this. I pinned it so I can remember to make it soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this on Foodie Friends Friday. It's a great idea for a buffet.

    Joanne/Winelady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly delicious - love what you made! So glad you enjoy our cheese and thanks for the lovely words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shut your Mouth.... I mean Get in my Mouth!!! WOW!!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shut up!
    This looks so darn good... I am pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of this cheese, can u get it at Kroger?

    ReplyDelete
  13. trying this tomorrow!! YUMMO!!! visiting from www.aheartforthehome.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...