Sunday, February 24, 2013

Beer Mac and Cheese with Bacon

Pin It!

I have another recipe for you... I know, I know... I'm too generous! This one is simply amazing and perfect for any Oscars Night Celebrations, parties or gatherings you might be having. As i'm sure I've mentioned before, my hubby is a craft beer enthusiast and he loves when I use craft beer in my cooking. In order to appease him... Is appease a good word for that? I think so. In order to appease him, I decided to use some more of that delicious Cabot cheese... the Seriously Sharp variety, which is, by far, my favorite one! It's tangy and the flavor is out of this world! It's so good and unique that I can't even properly describe it. You just have to taste it...

So, anyways, I decided to use my Seriously Sharp Cabot cheese and some Blue's Golden Ale from 16 Mile Brewing Company to make a creamy, cheesy, insanely-flavorful macaroni and cheese loaded with bacon. Yes, you heard right... BACON! It turned out absolutely divine. Make this tonight for your husband/boyfriend/fiance and show him how much you love him, because this dish really does scream "LOVE" -- every last cheesy bite of it.



Beer and Bacon Mac and Cheese Recipe: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:

1 pound Shell Pasta (cooked to al dente and drained)
12 ounces bacon (cooked, crumbled and divided)
3 tablespoons reserved bacon grease
6 tablespoons salted butter
1/4 cup flour
8 ounces beer (amber, golden or lager - I used 16 Mile Brewing Company's Blue's Golden Ale)
1 cup milk
1-1/4 cups heavy cream
2 cups Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded and divided)
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a dutch oven (or large pot) add bacon grease and butter and melt over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Whisk in beer, milk and cream. Cook for 2-3 minutes, while whisking, or until mixture is thick and creamy. Stir in all but 2 slices of bacon. Remove from heat. Add 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese, paprika, nutmeg, salt and pepper and stir until cheese has melted. If mixture seems too thick, you can add a tablespoon or two of cream until you reach the consistency you want. Add cooked noodles and mix well.

Place mixture in a lightly greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup (remaining) cheese and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Top with remaining bacon pieces.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and delicious.



Check out these other Academy Award-Worthy Dishes:






Today's Creative Blog   photo SimpleSupperTuesday_zps93ff0e49.jpgFoodie Friends Friday

12 comments :

  1. You are a very appeasing wife to make you hubby such wonderful appeasing foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, my husband would love this!! Great flavours going on in here with the beer and bacon. Thanks for linking up to Simple Supper Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe has my hubs name written all over...beer and bacon...( somedays I really think that is his name!) thank you for sharing! Pinning. Came from Hun...what's for dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since Mr. B is a home brewer there is always a nice amber available! And, mac & cheese is the BEST comfort food!! I'm pinning this for sure! Thanks for sharing this at my party Devi! I am also featuring this on my Facebook page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious! I would just have to use some Wisconsin cheese! Pinning:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love trying new Mac and Cheese recipes and I can't wait to try this one! I've chosen your recipe as my host favorite for the Foodie Friends Friday link party, and your recipe will be featured on The Daily Dish Magazine in an article called "Recipes that Caught our Attention". Look out for it on Monday! www.dailydishmagazine.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bacon, beer, and Mac & Cheese? Yes, yes, and YES! What a great recipe. Can't wait to share it with our Cabot Facebook friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is some of my favorite things all together in one dish- yum! :)

    Thank you so much for joining us in the Spiked! Recipe Challenge this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sounds amazing!! I think I'm going to give this a go this week xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you think it would be ok if I prepared this earlier, and threw it in the oven 20 minutes before guests came over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it should be just fine... it just might be a tad bit less saucy! The noodles might soak up some of the moisture,

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...