Monday, February 25, 2013

Nacho Cheese

Pin It!


If I can just be honest here... I am completely addicted to cheese dip. I mean, completely addicted. If there's cheese dip around -- I will find it and I will consume most or all of it. Nacho cheese is my absolute weakness and one of my cravings during this pregnancy. I could seriously eat it all day, but luckily, I don't. My thighs wouldn't appreciate that. Plus, I don't want my baby coming out a beautiful shade of orange (can that happen?!).

Luckily, instead of spending $3 on the canned variety, I stumbled across a recipe for homemade nacho cheese sauce! It's made with REAL ingredients! Real ones!! Not those fake, non-real ingredients found in the other stuff! I made a big batch of it for the Oscar's last night using my Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese and it was unbelievable. So unbelievable, in fact, that if I kept eating it at the rate I was eating it, it would have been devoured within 15 minutes. I had to stop myself because I needed to have something to bring to the Oscar party...

All I can say is, If you're a cheese sauce fan like I am, you should make this. But be warned -- It's highly addictive and highly scrumptious.


Nacho Cheese Recipe: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:
4 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese (shredded)
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 (12 ounce) can of evaporated milk
2 teaspoons hot sauce

Instructions:
In a medium saucepan, toss cheese with cornstarch. Add 1 cup of evaporated milk and hot sauce. Melt over medium-low heat, whisking often, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and whisk in additional condensed milk until it reaches desired consistency.

Recipe yields 1-1/2 cups of sauce.

{Recipe adapted from Serious Eats.}


  photo SimpleSupperTuesday_zps93ff0e49.jpg“ />

2 comments :

  1. This would be a quick and easy side for Mexican night. Thanks for linking to Simple Supper Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! Definitely need to keep it filed - I'm sure it also has WAY less junk and preservatives than the stuff off the shelf.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...