Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mini Breakfast Casseroles

Pin It!

So, no matter what we do here in our home, it seems like we just keep getting sick! First it was the horrible flu that had us all down for well over a week, now it's a horrible cold that just seems to stick around and never wants to leave! Ever since my daughter started school it seems like one of us is always sick! I feel like i'm going to have to start carrying around the massive bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere I go and squirting it on everything I touch and every person I come in contact with!

Unfortunately, when you're a mom and you and everyone else in your household is sick, that means you're in charge of making sure your family isn't starving to death. So, these mini breakfast casseroles were what I chose to throw together one morning. None of us wanted anything too heavy or greasy to eat, so they were the perfect little light breakfast that we all needed. I even used Cabot Cheese's Sharp Light Cheddar to make them a bit healthier!

So, when you're sick and when your family is sick and you need something quick, child-friendly and relatively mess-free to eat, whip up a batch of these cuties, cuddle up on the couch and cough, sneeze and eat your sorrows away.


Mini Breakfast Casseroles Recipe: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:
24 frozen potato rounds (Cooked. You can bake them or fry them!)
5 eggs
1/4 cup milk
6 ounces Sharp Light Cabot Cheese (shredded)
8 slices bacon (Cooked and crumbled)
Salt & Pepper
Sour cream & green onions (toppings)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place potato rounds in the bottoms of a mini muffin pan. Whisk egg, milk and salt and pepper. Pour over potato rounds, filling *almost* to the top (you may have a little mixture left over.)  Sprinkle cheese over egg mixture and top with crumbled bacon. Repeat.

Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until egg is cooked through and cheese is bubbly.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream and green onions.

Recipe yields 24 mini casseroles.


Linked to:
Foodie Friends FridayWeekend Kitchen Link PartyDon't miss my weekly Thursday linky party!! link_party_friday

TidyMom
iron chef mom




Pocket Change Gourmet 
Tidy Mom's Breakfast Challenge

9 comments :

  1. What are the frozen potato rounds? Tator tots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are similar to tater tots... They look like flat tater tots! They sell them right next to the tots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I can't wait to try them :D Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devi, these are so adorable and they look delicious. I will be making these on the weekend ....already got them pinned,lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable dish! I love making little simple dishes like this in my mini muffin pan. It's the perfect size for kids and great for appetizers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good. I would love to have you share this with my Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Here is the link.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/02/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-blog-hop_19.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great breakfast or anytime meal! I love breakfast for dinner!

    I have chosen you as my host favorite for Foodie Friends Friday. Your post will be included in a collage of this weeks host favorites and will be linked to the magazine FFF Daily Dish!

    I am so glad you entered Foodie Friends Friday. Look forward to seeing you next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with our Foodie Friends Friday party! Hope you come back this week with another great recipe. I am sharing this recipe on my Walking on Sunshine FB page this morning! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a believer that everything mini is better! These are cute and sounds really yummy...and Cabot cheese is soooo good! Thank you for linking up at the Weekend Kitchen Link Party last week -- be sure to link up this weekend too (ends Monday at midnight).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...