Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baked Buffalo Chicken Flautas

Pin It!

So, you know how my last post was all about buffalo wings and how much I love them? Well, I'm kind of addicted to anything slightly resembling a chicken wing now. Yeah... So, I know we just ate the buffalo wings the other night, but I had a craving for something equally as buffalo-y and delicious. I remembered when I was young and my mom and I used to go to our favorite mexican restaurant and she would always order shredded beef flautas. I always ended up taking at least one of them because they were so wonderfully delicious. Well, I thought it would be a genius idea to roll up some gooey, cheesy, buffalo chicken mixture in a tortilla and make my own flautas! Plus, we had some more of that delicious creamy ranch sauce that I shared in the buffalo wing post and I definitely didn't want that heavenly sauce to go to waste. 

In the midst of my buffalo wing madness, I realized that it's only a few days until Valentine's Day! It's crazy how quickly time is passing right now. It seems like it was only yesterday that I took a pregnancy test and found out we were expecting! Now, i'm going to be entering my third trimester on Valentine's Day! My little guy's going to be here before I know it! I can't wait! Anyways, back to the food! If you are a fan of buffalo wings (like I am! woo!) you should definitely give these a try. They will help satisfy your craving if you aren't in the mood to fry up a batch of wings. Enjoy! 


Baked Buffalo Chicken Flautas Recipe: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:
14 (soft taco sized) flour tortillas
4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
3 cups of shredded colby jack cheese
3/4 cup wing sauce (I use FRANK'S®)
3 ounces cream cheese

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

Place shredded chicken, cream cheese and wing sauce in a skillet over medium heat. Melt and combine ingredients. Once mixture is smooth, turn off the burner. Dump in cheese and stir to combine. 

Place 1/4 cup of chicken mixture slightly off-center in a tortilla. Spread mixture down the length of the tortilla and roll up tightly. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. 

Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until tortillas are crispy and chicken mixture is bubbly and hot. 

Serve with creamy ranch dipping sauce!

Recipe Yields 14 Flautas


Photobucket livelaughlinky 250x250

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...