Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pork Chops with Brandied Peaches and Apricot Glaze

Pin It!


This name of this recipe may take a very long time to say but it doesn't take a long time to devour! Okay, that was a little cheesy. But, seriously... this is an amazingly tasty dinner and I'm not even a huge fan of pork chops! I can't remember where, but I found this recipe a while back for my husband because he could eat pork chops every single night and I personally would rather have a huge bowl of Chicken Fettuccine! I ended up changing some of the ingredients around in the recipe, but after I tried it I changed my whole outlook on pork chops.  I now treat pork chops with a little more respect. Try this recipe and you too will respect the chops (if you don't already).

Pork Chops with Brandied Peaches and Apricot Glaze Recipe:   |Print Recipe|

6 (bone-in) loin pork chops
1 onion (thinly sliced)
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 cup brandy
1 bag frozen peaches (thawed)
1/3 cup apricot preserves
Oil
Salt
Pepper


Place a small amount of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Depending on the thickness of your pork chops, cook them for about 4-6 minutes on the first side and another 4 on the other side. Once cooked through, place pork chops aside.


Lower pan heat to medium and add in 3 tablespoons of butter. Throw in the sliced onions and thyme and sautee until translucent (about 4-5 minutes). Turn off the flame and add in the brandy. Turn the flame back on (still over medium heat) and use a a long match, candle or lighter to set the brandy/onion mixture on fire. Cook until there are no more flames. Once the flames are gone, add in the peaches and apricot preserves along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until peaches are getting nice and soft.


Pour the onion/peach mixture over the pork chops and serve.


Today's creative blog

3 comments :

  1. Wow, that looks like a dinner that would be right up my Hubz' alley. ;) I'll have to save this one to make later. Thanks for sharing!

    Following your lovely blog now via the Show Some Love Linky Fest!!

    Mendi & Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this sounds delish!

    New follower from the Show Some Love Link Fest.

    http://lifeexperienceneeded.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't have brandy but would whiskey work?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...