Friday, October 4, 2013

Snickers Bites Cheesecake Dessert Pizza Recipe #GameDayBites

Pin It!
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.

It's Football season, so you know what that means... Everyone's looking for the best Tailgating food out there. On Game Day, it is crucial that there be endless amounts of delicious food -- especially dessert. Am I right, or am I right? 

In our house we pretty much like to find any excuse to make a bunch of yummy snacks and desserts. So, simply because it was a day that ended in "Y" and also because I was craving something sweet, chocolaty and in-your-face fabulous, I decided to create a magical recipe that people could devour while watching the big game!

So, what did I do first? Well, first I had to make my list -- of course! I'm a girl who needs a list. If I go to the store without one I end up forgetting 3/4 of the things I went for and coming home with bags full of junk that I picked while wandering around trying to remember what to buy. 




Once the list was finished and I was at Walmart, which is one of my favorite spots to buy snacks and candy (mmm...candy), I picked up some adorable little Snickers Bites. They're tiny little snickers that are not only adorable and sweet, but incredibly delicious and packed with all the yumminess of a regular sized snickers. (I just love mini, bite-sized versions of snacks!) I also picked up some sugar cookie dough, cream cheese, caramel syrup and peanuts. Are you excited yet? Do you know what could possibly happening here?


Well... First I spread the cookie dough out into a large circle on a baking sheet and baked it. After it came out it was golden brown and smelled delicious.


Then, I made a mouth-wateringly-good mixture of cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla (hello, delicious cheesecake-y goodness!) and spread it all over the cookie.



And finally, I covered it in sweet little baby Snickers Bites, drizzled caramel over the top and threw on a bunch of peanuts for a lovely added crunch. Are you drooling yet?


Sound awesome? Well, it was. It was actually better than awesome, if that's even possible. This is our new favorite dessert around here and I know it will be made often. I will warn you, though, it's incredibly sweet, but very, very addictive. You won't be able to stop once you've started eating it... Okay, you've been warned. Now, go make it! 

Oh, and before you head to Walmart to get your Snickers Bites (or Milky Way Bites!) make sure to click on the image below or click here and download a high-value coupon for these delicious little morsels!  




Snickers Bites Cheesecake Dessert Pizza Recipe: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:

  • 1 roll (16.5 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (8 ounce) package Snickers Bites
  • 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
  • 3 tablespoons salted peanuts

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet or 12" pizza pan with cooking spray. Press cookie dough into a 12" circle on baking sheet or pizza pan.

Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cookie to cool.

In a medium bowl or stand mixer, whip together cream cheese, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Once it's nice and creamy, spread it on the cooled cookie.

Top with Snickers Bites (it should take the whole bag, minus maybe 1 or 2 that made their way into your mouth). Drizzle caramel syrup over the top and sprinkle with peanuts. 

Slice into wedges and serve. 

Makes 12 servings.

3 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...