Monday, January 6, 2014

Herb & Peppercorn Crusted Pork Tenderloin

Pin It!


A new year means a new start for everyone. For us, it means a chance to get rid of some of those holiday pounds we packed on, oh, and of course my extra baby weight... from my first child... I have  been meaning  to get to that...but, uh... life happened... and this blog happened! It's not easy making bacon-wrapped this and cheese-stuffed that all week! You can imagine the difficulty I face...

Well, this year hubby and I decided that we were really going to take this seriously and cut a lot of carbs from our diet. Personally, I'm a carb-lover through and through, so I thought this would be pure torture for me. Give me a huge plate of fettuccine alfredo or a giant slice of german chocolate cake and I'll be a happy girl... take that away from me and I will be a sad, sad girl. To my surprise, it hasn't actually been as bad as I'd imagined it would be. We have been spending the week eating leaner meats along with a variety of yummy veggies and so far everything is fabulous. No complaints!

The recipe I have for you today is one of our new, favorite ways to cook pork tenderloin. It's an herb and peppercorn crusted pork tenderloin that's rubbed with a mixture of crushed peppercorns and fresh rosemary and thyme! The fresh herbs really do make a difference, in my opinion (and hubby's too!) Not only is this a delicious hunk o' meat, but it's also kind of pretty, don't you think? I love the way the colorful peppercorns look!


After rubbing my pork tenderloins with my special herby rub, I seared them in my cast iron skillet in a little bit of olive oil to give them a nice little crust.


See the pretty color? It's deep, it's rich and it's flavorful! Color = flavor. Love!



Basically, you should make this wonderful little tenderloin for your family because it's the right thing to do. It's easy, delicious and perfect if you're watching your carb intake! ;) Enjoy!



Herb & Peppercorn Crusted Pork Tenderloin: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:

  • 2 (1lb) pork tenderloins
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped finely (I used a coffee grinder to get my herbs just right!)
  • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped finely
  • 1 tablespoon tri-color peppercorns, crushed (also used coffee grinder!)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine rosemary, thyme, peppercorns and salt and rub mixture on tenderloins. In a cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, place 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat. Place tenderloins in skillet and sear on each side for 1 minute. Place skillet in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. 

Remove from oven and allow meat to rest for 5-10 minutes.

Slice tenderloin and serve with a salad and veggies (you know, healthy stuff!)

Serves 4








No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...