Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Crispy BBQ Wings

Pin It!

My husband... what can I say about my husband? Other than the fact that he's a good guy who works hard for his family... I would say that one of the most defining things about him is that he loves chicken wings. I mean, loooooves them. Since we've been together, very few days have gone by where he didn't request a big batch of chicken wings for lunch/dinner/snack. Luckily, i'm also somewhat of a wing fanatic now, so I usually give in to his requests, like I did last night.

This week has been so chaotic... Today is the first day where I can truly say I don't feel complete panic over whether or not I have bowls to hold all of the snacks for my son's 1st birthday party, or if the color of the streamers perfectly matches the plates and balloons... Whew! I had forgotten how stressful party planning can be when you go a little overboard ;). Luckily it's over and I still have a few months until my daughter's 8th birthday! So, in the meantime, I can just sit back, fry up some wings, and enjoy life...



Crispy BBQ Wings:

Ingredients:

  • 3 pounds chicken wings (party wings)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce
  • 3 tablespoons white vinegar
  • Oil for frying


Directions:

Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow (pie) pan or bowl. Dredge chicken wings in flour and set aside.

Heat oil in a dutch oven or deep fryer to 350 degrees. 

Before placing wings into oil, toss them in flour mixture one more time and shake off the excess flour.

Fry each batch of wings until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Remove, place on paper towels to drain, and repeat with remaining wings.

While the last batch of wings is frying, place BBQ sauce and vinegar in a small pot over medium heat. Cook until bubbly and hot, then turn off the flame.

Place cooked wings in a large bowl and toss with heated BBQ sauce to coat.

Serve immediately and watch as your man's face lights up as you bring him a giant pile of wings. They're like the equivalent to chocolate for women ;) Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...