Thursday, June 26, 2014

5 Minute Thai Ramen

Pin It!

It was only about a year ago that I first tried Thai food. My hubby had been begging me to get some with him and for some reason I really didn't think I was going to like it, so I kept putting it off. After I finally gave in and let him get his precious Thai food, and after I took that first bite of Pad Thai, I knew my life was about to change forever. I fell head-over-heels in love with it! Who knew that peanut sauce would become one of my all-time favorite sauces in the whole wide world? I sure didn't!

It's because of my darling husband that I like many of the foods I do. Without him, I would have never been adventurous enough to try oysters for the first time (which I did this past weekend!) and discover that they are mouth-wateringly delicious. Now every time we take a trip to the beach I know I will be ordering some! Yum x 1000. 

Last night I was really craving something new and was really in the mood to make something I'd never made before... so after searching around Pinterest for a while, I stumbled across a couple of different recipes involving Top Ramen noodles and peanut butter! I knew I could kick it up a notch and create something more amazing, so I grabbed my packages of noodles and headed to the kitchen to make what ended up being my favorite easy side dish ever. It would also be a perfect lunch if you just threw in a little roasted chicken! Or you don't even have to throw in the chicken... you can not throw in the chicken and it would be equally as amazing for lunch! ;) Plus, it's even better the next day!

Make it, devour it and let me know what you think! 


5-Minute Thai Ramen:

Ingredients:

2 packages Chicken Top Ramen
4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
2 tablespoons {bottled} teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons sliced green onion
2 tablespoons crushed peanuts

Directions:

Cook ramen noodles in medium pot according to package directions. Once cooked, drain almost all of the liquid out, leaving about 2 tablespoons in the pot. Mix in chicken seasoning packets, peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, pepper and red pepper flakes. Once well combined, mix in green onion. Top with crushed peanuts before serving to hungry family members!

Makes 2 {large} servings



Love Bakes Good Cakes

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...