Wednesday, March 4, 2015

#LoveDoveFruits: Chocolate Blueberry Breakfast Cookies

Pin It!  This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveDoveFruits #CollectiveBias



Breakfast before school in our house has always been kind of a struggle for me. I love making sure my daughter has a good breakfast before she goes off to a day of learning, but getting out of bed early enough to make that possible? That's tough. Seriously tough. That's why I love those breakfasts that you can prepare in advance and use throughout the week. I've done the breakfast sandwiches, burritos, and now... Breakfast cookies! Breakfast cookies have been trendy for a while now and I can totally see why. I mean, it's a cookie... for BREAKFAST! But you can easily justify it because it's not packed with sugar and super-unhealthy ingredients... 


Know what my secret to the perfect breakfast cookie is? DOVE® Fruit. Basically, it's a combination of delicious, better-for-you ingredients like DOVE® dark chocolate and blueberries, cranberries and cherries! I've found that the blueberries add the perfect amount of sweetness and breakfastyness (is that a word?) to the cookies and make for a super-satisfying treat. I found a giant bin of them in the front of my local Walmart while I was out shopping the other day and grabbed one of each!


I'm going to be honest... these are one of my new favorite things. I have always loved chocolate covered, well, anything... and DOVE® has always been one of my all-time favorite chocolates (so silky and smooth!) and now I feel content and happy that I can eat these yummy treats and not feel guilty about it.


Before I could eat them all myself, I decided I should probably get started on my breakfast cookies! {I did grab a few here and there while I was working, though...} These breakfast cookies only have 4 ingredients! Can you believe that? And they're good! So, so good! The first ingredient is bananas... smashed up bananas, that is.


Once you've got your bananas all mushy and perfect, you add in your Old Fashioned Oats. Mix them together until you've got a nice little batter going... Then, add in a dash of cinnamon.


And then, the best part... Add in your DOVE® Fruit Blueberries! So much yumminess in one bowl.


The last part is the baking! Once they're out of the oven, you have yourself a delicious treat that kids will love! No more scrambling in the morning to find something that isn't a big bowl of sugary cereal. Hooray!


Plus, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... You know that "ice cream" that's been circulating around the internet for months, that only contains one ingredient -- bananas? Yeah, you know the one that's actually good for you...


 Well, if you whip up a batch of that banana "ice cream" and spread it between two of these cookies... (and maybe pop it in the freezer for an hour if you want it to firm up.)


You have a nice, indulgent treat that's better for you than any of the ones you can find in the frozen aisle! You're so, so, welcome.


See more great DOVE® Fruit recipe ideas on the DOVE® Fruit social hub

You can also download a coupon to save on your DOVE® purchase.

--------------------------------------------------------

Chocolate Covered Blueberry Breakfast Cookies:

Ingredients:

  • 4 ripe bananas, peeled
  • 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup DOVE® Fruit Blueberries


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, mash bananas until they form a thick paste (no lumps!) then stir in the old fashioned oats and cinnamon. Mix until well incorporated, then, gently fold in the DOVE® Fruit Blueberries. Place heaping tablespoons of the mixture on your baking sheet (about 2 inches apart), flatten slightly, and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cookies are no longer mushy and are starting to turn golden brown. 

Store cookies in airtight container for a couple of days (or you can freeze them and pop them in the oven for a few minutes.)

Makes about 18-20 cookies.

---------------------------------------------------------

Banana "Ice Cream":

Ingredients:

  • 3 bananas, peeled and frozen
  • *optional Vanilla extract


Directions:

Place frozen bananas in food processor and blend until it becomes smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. You can also add in a little vanilla extract while it's blending (yum!)


1 comment :

  1. These cookies look absolutely delicious! My 4-year old is INCREDIBLY picky, but loves anything cookie. So breakfast cookies are one of my (very few!) tricks for getting some nutrition in him. I bet he would love these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...