Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy April Fools' Day!

Pin It!

Doesn't that spaghetti look tasty? It's the best kind of spaghetti - the cupcake kind! I think mine looks a little more like linguini, but at least it's still a pasta! I decided to make something for April Fool's day this year because I found so many cute ideas in my "Hello, Cupcake!" book! I couldn't get over the cuteness of the little Ferrero Rocher meatballs! If you don't already have a copy of the "Hello Cupcake!" book, here are the instructions for the Spaghetti & Meatballs cupcakes:

10 Vanilla cupcakes
1 Can vanilla frosting
1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
3 drops yellow food coloring
11 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
3/4 cup low sugar strawberry preserves (the book says the low sugar has the best "sauce" color!)
2 tablespoons of grated white chocolate

First, mix the cocoa powder and yellow food coloring into the frosting. Then, spread a little bit of the frosting on the tops of your cupcakes. Make sure all your cupcakes are touching!

Place the remaining frosting in a ziplock bag and seal it. Snip a tiny, tiny bit from the corner of the ziplock bag. Squeeze the frosting all over the cupcakes and make it look nice and noodle-y!

Put the ferrero rochers into a bowl and add the strawberry preserves and mix it around. Then, I took a little extra sauce from the jar and put a small spoonfull on top of each cupcake and placed a meatball on top of it.

Top with some grated white chocolate and you have yourself a big place of sweet spaghetti goodness!

2 comments :

  1. Well, you sure fooled me!!! I thought it was spaghetti at first! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAaa, great it fooled me at 1st too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...