Thursday, January 26, 2012

Last-Minute Truffles

Pin It!

I'm the kind of person that loves the idea of being prepared for things. However, In reality am the world's biggest procrastinator and am usually left scurrying about last minute to finish a project, buy a gift or mail a card. It seems that my daughter has acquired this trait from me because last night (right before bed) she came up to me and said: "Tomorrow is my teacher's birthday! We have to go buy her a present! I just can't be the only kid who doesn't get her a present!" That was when I jumped into panic mode.

Luckily, I found a bag of guittard chocolate chips in the pantry, which meant that I could make something utterly delicious. I mean seriously, is there anyone who doesn't love chocolate? After searching through my cabinets for ingredients, I decided to throw together what I have decided to call Last-minute truffles, but they really should have been called "thanks for not telling me until 8 o'clock at night that your teacher's birthday is tomorrow" candy.

Last-minute Truffle Recipe:   |Print Recipe|

1 Bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (I always use guittard! They are my favorite!)
1/4 cup vegetable oil


Random things to roll them in:
Toasted coconut
Cocoa powder
Sprinkles
Chopped Nuts


Place 2/3 of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring well after each.


Once the chocolate is melted, add in the remaining chocolate chips and stir until they are completely melted and the chocolate is nice and shiny.


Add oil to chocolate and stir until they are completely mixed together. Allow chocolate to cool at room temperature.


Once chocolate has completely cooled, scoop out the amount you want and roll into a ball-like shape (I scooped about a tablespoon full of chocolate for each one.) Immediately roll the ball into your coconut, cocoa, nuts or anything else you may be using to coat them.


Place on parchment paper to harden.


**I'm not completely sure how many truffles this recipe will make because the Mr. and I were eating them as fast as I could make them. I do know that we ended up with about 15 in the end... after we ate like 10.


Lovely Crafty Home

4 comments :

  1. Okay! YUUUMMM!! I am a truffle FAN! :) Thanks so much for linking up to Sassy Sites for our free for all party. Be sure to join us tomorrow morning for some shout outs! Have a wonderful weekend!

    XOXO!
    Marni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devi these look so good!!!! I also just love how your blog looks, I need your help making mine more cute! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm! What a great recipe! We would love to have you come share this at our weekly link party every Saturday! -The Sisters

    http://sixsistersstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...they are really that easy to make?? I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...