Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bread Machine White Bread

Pin It!




When my husband and I first moved in together he insisted that I buy a bread machine. He told me many stories about homemade bread and the magical qualities that it possesses, so I was really left with no choice in the matter. At first I simply bought the pre-made box mixes at my grocery store, followed the directions and was left with a delicious loaf of yummy bread. Only recently did I attempt to make a loaf from scratch and the end result was definitely one of the most amazing things I have ever tasted! 

Bread Machine White Bread Recipe:   |Print Recipe|

  • 1 cup warm water 
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2-1/4 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast or 1 (.25 Ounce) package bread machine yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 cups flour (I used all purpose because that's what I had, but, you can also use Bread Flour!)

Mix the water, sugar and yeast in the bottom of your bread machine and allow yeast to dissolve for about 10 minutes. 

Once the yeast is bubbly, add in oil and flour and salt. 

Set bread machine to Basic or White setting, 1-1/2 pound loaf.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...