Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bunny Cake Balls

Pin It!

This week has been super chaotic and awesome! I have made so many cake pops that my dreams are filled with them and any thought that I have throughout the day is centered around them. Honestly, I'm enjoying working with them so much and I love how creative you can be with them! This weekend alone I made cows, pigs, baseballs, pepsi cans, beer mugs and a body in a bikini. I have never been so tired, but I've also never had so many creative juices flowing at once!

I had been trying to think of what I wanted to make for my daughter's class Easter party (which is this Friday!) and I couldn't really make up my mind, so I asked my daughter. Her response, as simple as it was, helped me to realize that I was totally over-thinking all of this. She said: "Make a bunny!" So I did. Today I made this little guy... errr girl. I think she came out pretty cute and I think her class will love some little fluffy bunny cake balls! After all, what says Springtime and Easter more than a cute little fluffy bunny?

Bunny Cake Balls:

Round cake balls (already formed)
White chocolate melting disks
Pretzels
Mini marshmallows
Sprinkles (hearts for nose and bow and rainbow chips for eyes)

Roll mini marshmallows between your fingers to make a long, bunny ear shape. Attach two of them to each cake ball by applying a small amount of chocolate to the bottom.

Dip your pretzels in the melted white chocolate and place on parchment paper. Using toothpicks, dip the cake balls into chocolate and tap off the excess. Place on top of the pretzel. 

Before they dry, add eyes, nose, ears and bows and use a toothpick to swirl the chocolate to create "fur". 



2 comments :

  1. She's cute! What a great job you did. Can't wait to see all the other ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute and guess really delicious! Thank you for the recipe! You gave me a great idea for my daughter's anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...