Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Brandied Mushroom Burgers

Pin It!

I'm starting to believe that my cravings for this pregnancy were trying to tell me all along that I was having a boy. When I was pregnant with my daughter all I wanted was dessert, fruit and mexican food. This time... all I want is greasy, cheesy, fried man-food. Especially burgers. I could live on burgers right now. And fries with tons of ketchup... mmm. It's been such a struggle not to gain 500 pounds this pregnancy, but somehow I've made it this far and haven't done so bad! Probably because I haven't actually allowed myself to eat said greasy food every single day... Yeah, that's probably why.

The other night my hubby specifically requested a burger for dinner and I was so happy. I decided to use what I had on hand and whip up what can only be described as... a delicious burger. It's true. That's the best way to describe it. I'm going to be making these burgers again very, very soon because we couldn't get enough of them and I have a feeling you won't be able to either!


Brandied Mushroom Burgers Recipe: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:

2 pounds lean ground beef
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons oil
1 large onion (sliced)
2 tablespoons brandy
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 beef bouillon cube (crushed)
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/4 cup water
4 large hamburger buns
4 slices swiss cheese
lettuce, sliced onion, tomato (whatever toppings you like!)

Instructions:

Season and form 4 hamburger patties from the ground beef (I use seasoning salt and pepper). Sear and cook burgers in a skillet over high heat, only turning once (about 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked how you like it). Add cheese during the last minute of cooking. Remove from pan. 

Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil to pan and reduce to medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-6 minutes, or until onions are soft. Add Worcestershire sauce, beef bouillon, ketchup and water. Turn up the heat slightly, bring to a boil, and simmer until most of the liquid is gone. Serve over the top of the burgers. Top with lettuce, onions, tomatoes and whatever condiments you like. 

Recipe yields 4 large burgers.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...