Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dr. Seuss Cupcakes

Pin It!


Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss' Birthday! I am so excited about little things like this now that I have a daughter in school! Her kindergarten class is going to be celebrating his birthday tomorrow and I decided to make some cupcakes for the occasion. I spent hours and hours on Pinterest looking for ideas and the one thing that really caught my attention was the Dr. Seuss Cat in the hat marshmallow pops! I wanted to take that idea and make it into a cupcake so I put on my thinkin' cap and came up with the idea of using Mini marshmallows and white melting disks!

Cat In The Hat - Hat Instructions:   |Print Instructions|

48 mini marshmallows
1/2 cup white chocolate melting disks (melted + colored red)
24 white chocolate melting disks (not melted!)
toothpicks

Place the 24 melting disks on parchment paper. Poke a toothpick in the top of a marshmallow. 

Dip the marshmallow (almost) half way into the melted red chocolate. 

With the toothpick still in the marshmallow, place marshmallow (chocolate side down) onto the melting disk. 

Using your finger, press the marshmallow down while pulling out the toothpick. Dip another marshmallow half way into the red chocolate and place on top of the first marshmallow. 

Once dry, pick up the "hats" and dip the very top of the top marshmallow into the red chocolate.

Repeat with all 24 white chocolate disks. 

tatertots and jello

WhipperberryToys In The Dryeradd a pinch.comTidyMom

13 comments :

  1. omg how cute are these?! i wish i had littles so i had an excuse to make them...maybe i'll just make them for hubby and i! happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable are those?!?! I found you on Tater Tots and Jello. I'd love to have you link up with us for Fun Stuff Fridays linky party at Toys In The Dryer. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/03/fun-stuff-fridays-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable! They look delicious too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! I'm your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I love your site. I'm hosting a link party on Wednesday at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-1.html and I'd love for you to link it up. I'm following LF and GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so amazing!!!! I love them!
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com
    P.S. I'm following you on Linky Followers now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just too cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love these cupcakes! Thanks for adding it to Living Creative Thursday! I featured it today:-) http://www.livinglocurto.com/2013/02/food-ideas-for-kids/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! They are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...