Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Cake

Pin It!

I know, I know... It's not fall yet. I just couldn't wait to get my hands on that first can of Pumpkin! At least I waited until September, right? I could have given you my first pumpkin recipe back in August, but I decided to wait until the end of summer was closing in and Fall was shoving it's way forward and begging to come out and play. Poor fall. Here in California it seems like summer likes to take it's sweet time to leave. Fall can't come soon enough for me and it is by far my favorite season because I love, love, love the smells, the weather and the baking! 

Today I'm sharing one of my family's all-time favorite Fall Desserts. This dessert actually came about because of an error I made while making another recipe. It was a delicious error, which is why we call this recipe "Pumpkin Mistake Cake" in our home. Every year we make this cake at least 2-3 times and each and every time my daughter puts on her little apron and joins me. Memories, people... Memories! If you love pumpkin pie and if you love cake then you will die of happiness once you try the butter-filled deliciousness that is this cake. It's like a delicious, buttery yellow cake with swirls of pumpkin pie throughout and crunchy pecans on top... only better. You'll see.


Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
1 15oz can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 12oz can Carnation evaporated milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and evaporated milk. Make sure it is well combined. Pour into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.

In another medium bowl, mix together melted butter and cake mix. Make sure to get as many lumps out as you can! 

Place  multiple large spoonfuls of cake batter over the top of the pumpkin mixture. Use a butter knife to swirl cake batter and pumpkin together. Make sure there are no large clumps of cake batter. 

Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans over the top and place in preheated oven.

Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Can be served right away or you can wait until it cools! Both ways are amazing! 



Linked to:

livelaughlinky 250x250 Join the Gooseberry Patch Recipe Round Up


1 comment :

  1. This looks really good! I have never heard of any thing like it, so I am excited to try it. I love Fall and all of the smells too. I have been making spiced pear recipes and it makes the kitchen smell so festive! Have a great weekend, Rebekah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...