Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Creamy Buffalo Chicken Bake

Pin It!

I'm sick, I don't feel well and I need to be taken care of. Getting sick as an adult is so different than getting sick as a child. I actually miss those days of being young, staying home from school and having my mom make me a cozy bed on the couch. I always had my chicken noodle soup and my giant cup of 7-Up and the remote control. It was awesome. Now, as an adult... It's a little different. I have a sick, fussy baby to take care of, a 2nd grader to help with homework and a family to cook for. Responsibility sucks when you're sick.

The one good thing that came out of my sickness was this Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta recipe! It has got to be my new favorite dinner. Seriously. No, really. I mean it! My hubby fell in love with it and even my 7-year-old daughter likes it! It's got just enough of that buffalo-y flavor to be called "buffalo," but basically it just tastes like a super creamy and magically delicious pasta. So, I guess being sick was all worth it in the end... Or maybe not. Either way... try the pasta, okay?


Creamy Buffalo Chicken Bake Recipe: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients: 
  • 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
  • 1 medium onion (chopped)
  • 1 Tablespoon oil
  • 1 pint heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup FRANK'S® Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
  • Fresh parsley (chopped)


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Cook noodles al dente according to package directions.

In a dutch oven, or medium saucepan, over medium heat, saute onions until translucent (about 5-6 minutes). Add cream.

In a small bowl, combine milk and flour. Add to cream. Stir in buffalo sauce and bring sauce to a boil. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and is nice and bubbly. 

Cut cream cheese into 1" cubes and stir into sauce. Keep stirring until cream cheese has melted.Taste sauce and add salt and pepper according to taste.

Add chicken and noodles and combine.

Pour pasta into 9" x 13"  baking dish and sprinkle 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles over the top. Place the pasta into the oven for 5-10 minutes to heat the pasta and get the blue cheese slightly melty. 

Remove from oven, top with fresh parsley and serve.

4 comments :

  1. That sounds amazing and I hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Praying you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! Praying you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better and welcome to Social Fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...