Monday, October 28, 2013

Ginger Sage Pork Stew in the Wonderbag

Pin It!
 This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and WonderBag, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #WonderBag http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO 



Today I'm here to share a wonderful recipe for a hearty Ginger Sage Pork Stew that's the perfect fall comfort food, and also to talk to you about an awesome little product called the Wonderbag. When I was asked to test out the Wonderbag I was extremely excited and also extremely curious as to how exactly it worked! You see, the Wonderbag is a portable slow cooker that requires no electricity. Weird, right? When I told my husband he thought I was joking. You can't cook food in a bag! Or can you?! Well, I'm here to tell you that you can, indeed, cook food in a bag and it comes out wonderfully! One of the major perks about this bag it is that, unlike a crock-pot, you can't burn anything! I am guilty of burning things in my crock-pot. I'm so ashamed.

Another great thing about the Wonderbag is that it started out as a way of helping women in Africa to cook their meals without having to spend countless hours gathering firewood, tending to a fire and taking away precious time that could be spent with their families. For each Wonderbag purchased through Amazon, a family in Africa also receives one! Using the Wonderbag helps save power, water and reduces your carbon footprint. It's a great way to help the environment and also bring delicious food with you wherever you go! 

The first time I used my Wonderbag I decided I wanted to bring it with us on a fun little road trip! I thought I would make some yummy food for my mom and surprise her! Plus, I knew she would get a big kick out of the Wonderbag! 


The whole process of the Wonderbag begins by bringing all of your ingredients to a boil. For my Ginger Sage Pork Stew, I browned my pork and my veggies, then brought everything to a boil and simmered it for 15 minutes. Once the time was up, I pulled my dutch oven off the stove and loaded it in the Wonderbag...


To load your Wonderbag, you just have to open the bag up, put in your pot, place the little cushion on the top and pull the drawstring shut. So easy and painless... I love it! Plus, I don't have to worry about leaving a crock-pot plugged in and cooking all day! Hooray!


Then I just threw it in my car and went on my merry way. It looks so cute sitting on the front seat, wouldn't you say?



I love my Wonderbag and I'm definitely going to be taking it with me whenever we go on family picnics, or to potlucks, parties and holidays! Plus, I'll look super stylish while doing so... which is an added bonus! So, make sure to go purchase yours here today and make some Ginger Sage Pork Stew while you're at it! 

To find out more about Wonderbag and helping women and families all over the world create delicious, environmentally-friendly food, visit them on FacebookTwitter  and Instagram.





Ginger Sage Pork Stew Recipe: {Print Recipe}
----------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

  • 3 pounds pork loin roast, cut into 1" pieces
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1 butternut squash, cut into 1" chunks
  • 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
  • 5 carrots, cut into 1/2" thick pieces
  • 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 3 cups Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock
  • 2 tablespoons dried sage
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • Olive oil


Instructions:

In a large pot or dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Coat pork pieces in flour, add to pan and brown on all sides (about 5 minutes). Remove from pot and add in garlic and onions. Cook for 4 minutes, then add squash, carrots and potatoes. Cook for additional 5 minutes, add pork, then add tomato paste, chicken stock, sage, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Place lid on dutch oven and immediately put into Wonderbag and cook for 4 hours. (If you aren't using a Wonderbag, continue to cook stew for 1 - 1-1/2 hours, or until pork is tender and juicy and vegetables are fork-tender.)

4 comments :

  1. I've been waiting to hear what you thought of the Wonderbag! Thanks for your review and the information on it! I love the whole concept of it, but I especially love that when I purchase on through Amazon, a family in Africa will receive one! That is awesome! :) But until my Wonderbag reaches me, can you tell me if I could do this recipe in my crock pot and if so, what adjustments I would need to make? Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect Fall and Winter meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...first of all...how cool is that Wonderbag, but more importantly, when can you make this stew for me? It looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe and the Wonderbag with your community! How did your mom like the meal?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...