Monday, October 28, 2013

Sweet & Spicy Slow Cooker Pork with Lindsay Peppers

Pin It! I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop and Lindsay Peppers recipe post has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client #FreshFinds #CBias #SocialFabric Thoughts are my own.





My husband is a huge fan of peppers. It's kind of a man thing, right? I'm pretty sure he could live off of peppers if I let him... but, I won't... because that would just be weird. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to shop at Save Mart Supermarket for Lindsay peppers, which couldn't have made my hubby happier. The fact that I ended up buying 4 different kinds of Lindsay peppers also couldn't have made my hubby happier! I just couldn't resist -- they were on sale for $1.68 and right in front of them was a little coupon machine that gave me $1 off coupons! Can you say stock-up price?




One thing I absolutely love about shopping at my local Save Mart Supermarket is that they always have a great selection of pretty much anything you're looking for. As far as the Lindsay peppers went they had Golden Greek, Sliced Golden Greek, Sliced Sweet Banana and Hot Sliced Jalapeno. See why I couldn't just pick one? The only thing i knew for sure was that I wanted to create a sandwich using the Golden Greek peppers, so, I of course also had to go to the bakery section and pick out some fresh rolls! That's another thing I love about my Save Mart... fresh finds, like bread and baked goods! Yum.




For my dinner, I decided to create a Sweet & Spicy Slow Cooker Pork that could be used in a number of ways. You could use it to make burritos, pizza or just what I was using it for... a sandwich! It's also cooked in your slow cooker all day, so it's nice and tender and juicy and waiting for you when you get home!




Sweet & Spicy Slow Cooker Pork Recipe:

Ingredients:

2-1/2 pounds pork loin roast
1 cup root beer
1/2 cup beef stock
1/2 cup sliced Lindsay Golden Greek peppers
1 onion, sliced into 1/2" thick pieces
4 cloves garlic, smashed
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika

Instructions:

Put onions and garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker. Rub roast with salt, pepper and smoked paprika, top with Lindsay Golden Greek Peppers and honey. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 hours, or until pork shreds easily and is nice and juicy!



You can follow Save Mart on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to find out more about their awesome promotions and store offers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...