Sunday, February 16, 2014

#ChooseSmart Santa Fe Quesadillas with Sweet & Spicy Sour Cream

Pin It!
I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.



Lunches. How do I even begin? Lunches for my daughter, lunches for my hubby and lunches for me... Trying to find the perfect non-turkey sandwich lunch can sometimes be a challenge. I know there are days when simply throwing some slices of turkey on some bread and smearing on a little mayo seems like the simplest and best option, but, really, you can only eat so many turkey sandwiches in a week. My family loves new and different things, for breakfast, for dinner and, yes, even for lunch, which is why I have decided to devote some of my time to thinking outside the box -- err lunch box, or lunch bag, that is. 

Ever since I was a young girl, my mom and I always made our weekly trips to Smart & Final. She always had the same list of items to buy: plastic cups, sodas, lunch meats, cheeses, frozen snacks/yummies, but then, of course, we always found other delicious items along the way -- frozen cheesecakes, cream puffs, you know, all that good stuff life has to offer. I always liked our trips to Smart & Final because it seemed so huge and there were so many things to buy. The shelves were packed full and almost to the ceiling and it made me feel tiny. It was impressive. It wasn't until I was much older and had a family of my own that I realized that the reason my mom went to Smart & Final wasn't because it had extremely high shelves, but because they carried such a wide variety of items to buy and had really, really great prices! You can find anything there, in large quantities, for an awesome price, and it's an overall great shopping experience!

That's why when #CollectiveBias gave me the opportunity to shop at Smart & Final for items to build a deliciously unique & different lunch, I jumped at it! I knew I exactly what I wanted to make -- Santa Fe Quesadillas -- so, I headed out to get the items I needed!



Cheeeeeese!! I needed Kraft Shredded Mexican Cheese, which happens to be part of the Kraft Buy 4, Save $4 deal going on at Smart & Final February 19 - March 4!

I also needed some Sour Cream, so I grabbed some Knudsen Sour Cream, which also happens to be a part of the Buy 4, Save $4!


The first, of many, new lunch recipes I will be developing begins with a cup of Knudsen sour cream, a little ground chipotle, sugar, salt and garlic powder. This is going to be your dip for your Santa  Fe Quesadillas!  I have to say... it's amazing. It goes well on tortilla chips as well, FYI ;)


Next, you combine your tomatoes & green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro and lime. So colorful and so pretty!


Then comes my favorite part... the addition of the cheese! Place the mixture, along with a bunch of Kraft Shredded Mexican Cheese on half of a tortilla then fold it right on over...


Next, you get to get it all nice and crispy and golden! So pretty!


Then, you can sit back and admire your beautiful little quesadilla before you pack it up for your hubby or your kids for lunch. This is one brown bag lunch that you won't wanna miss... Luckily this recipe will make 4 quesadillas, so your whole family can indulge! Hope you and your family enjoy this fun and tasty deviation from the same old sandwich in a bag!



Santa Fe Quesadillas with Sweet & Spicy Sour Cream:

Ingredients:

  • 4 medium flour tortillas
  • 1/2 cup diced tomatoes & green chiles
  • 1/4 cup sweet kernel corn
  • 1/4 cup black beans
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 teaspoons lime juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/3 cup Kraft Shredded Mexican Cheese
  • Cooking spray



For the sour cream dip:

  • 1 cup Knudsen sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt



Instructions:

In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chipotle powder, sugar, garlic powder and salt. Cover and place in fridge.

In a medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes & green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Place 1/4 cup of the mixture on half of a tortilla and top with 1/3 cup cheese. Fold over the tortilla and set aside. Repeat with remaining tortillas.

Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and place quesadilla flat on griddle. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crisp. Remove and cook remaining quesadillas. Cut in half, pack in aluminum foil or plastic container with lid, and assemble the rest of your lunch! (Don't forget the Sweet & Spicy sour cream!)



Find more recipes here: Smart and Final Social Circular: http://community.smartandfinal.com





2 comments :

  1. Wow this looks amazing! Thanks for sharing! #Client

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I've been giving my kids quesadillas for lunch and they love them. Such a great idea. #Client

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...