Monday, February 17, 2014

#JungleFresh Party Food For Disney's Jungle Book Release!

Pin It!
I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions and experiences are my own.


I can't even tell you how excited I was to be able to do this #JungleFresh post for #CollectiveBias on behalf of Disney's Jungle Book Blu-Ray/DVD release! I grew up watching the Jungle Book, as did my hubby. It was always one of my favorite Disney movies because the songs were just so catchy and the characters (especially Baloo) were so memorable and fun! 


In order to get the party started, we headed to Walmart to pick up a copy of the Jungle Book on Blu-ray/DVD (which came out on February 11)! Walmart is the only store where you can receive a Free lunch box when you purchase the Diamond edition! :) We also picked up all the fruits and veggies we needed to create the perfect party foods!

Now that I have kids of my own, it's become extremely important to me to create fun, magical Movie-watching experiences for them... which is why I like to create snacks and foods to fit the theme of the movie we are watching! It completely enhances the movie experience really takes it to the next level. Also, it's a great way to get the whole family involved in the kitchen!


Some of my favorite memories with my daughter are times that we've spent in the kitchen together, creating delicious treats. She loves to put on her little apron, get out her stepping stool and help me measure, stir, and, of course, use the food processor (she thinks it's so cool!) This time, I came up with a couple of extremely adorable Jungle Book-themed party foods that would be healthy, easy to make, kid-friendly and that we could serve up while we watched one of my favorite childhood movies -- "Baloo-berry" Smoothies and "Guaca-Mowgli" with oven baked veggie chips! Too cute, right?! Cute food always gets kids more excited! 

For these recipes, I wanted to incorporate as many fruits and veggies as I could, since this is a Jungle-themed movie! Plus, I know that my daughter is much more likely to eat her veggies when she's the one making them!


The first thing we did was get the avocados all peeled and into the bowl, along with the cilantro, garlic, salt and lime. 


Next, we added all the ingredients to the food processor and got them all nice and smooth! My daughter loves the food processor... I think it makes her feel powerful. Then, we covered it up and put it in the fridge to chill while we made the "Baloo-berry" Smoothies!


Now, this is one of my favorite parts... The smoothie making! We took our blueberries, yogurt, honey, coconut water, ice cubes and a little spinach and threw it in the blender. 


It made such a pretty colored smoothie! 


Here's the finished "Guaca-Mowgli" and the homemade veggie chips! For the veggie chips, we simply sliced up a zucchini and tore off a bunch of kale pieces, added a little olive oil and salt and baked them in the oven until crispy! Healthy & delicious!


The smoothies were so pretty and so delicious!

We had so much fun watching the Jungle Book together, as a family. It brought me back to my childhood and made me remember all the good times when I was young -- before life was complicated. My daughter loved it, and she, too, loved Baloo! I also created a fun, "Jungle Trivia" printable to go along with the movie, so that we could learn some fun facts about the animals from the movie! You can download it here (or click the image below) for you and your family!


"Guaca-Mowgli" & Veggie Chips Recipe: 

Ingredients: 

"Guaca-Mowgli":
  • 3 ripe avocados
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 heaping tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
Chips:

1 zucchini, sliced thinly (about 1/8")
2 cups torn Kale leaves
Olive oil
Salt

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Place avocados, garlic, lime, salt and cilantro in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.

Place zucchini and kale on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crisp.

Makes about 2/3 cup guacamole.


"Baloo-Berry" Smoothies Recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 1/4 cup spinach
  • 1 cup coconut water
  • 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 4-5 ice cubes

Instructions:

Place blueberries, spinach, coconut water, yogurt, honey and ice cubes in blender. Blend on high until smooth. 

Makes about 2, 8 ounce smoothies.






1 comment :

  1. Guaca-Mowgli...HA! Love this and all your other #JungleFresh foods! Yum! #client

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...