Friday, February 28, 2014

Dr. Seuss Treats

Pin It!



My favorite part of my daughter being in school is being able to make cute, adorable treats for her to take and share with her class. I know this won't last forever, and there will come a time when she will be to embarrassed to bring leprechaun cake pops and Dr. Seuss cupcakes to school, so I'm going to take advantage of it while I can! Plus, by the time she's old enough to be "too cool" for those things, Corbin will be in school and I'll be able to do the same for him! This is why it's very important to have multiple children and have them significantly spaced apart.

Today, to celebrate his birthday, my daughter is having a Dr. Seuss Read-a-thon in her class and they will be spending the day reading lots of Dr. Seuss books! She also got to bring along a fluffy blanket and her pillow pet for lounging! Sounds like my kind of day! My sweet little daughter informed me after school yesterday that she told her teacher I would be bringing a special Dr. Seuss themed snack. Glad we had some time to talk about this and prepare beforehand. Not. Gotta love kids ;)


In my efforts to think of a treat that would be cute, sweet and encompass all that is Dr. Seuss, I decided to go with bright and colorful trix treats covered in blue chocolate, sprinkles and, of course, the fish from "1 fish, 2 fish..." I am very pleased with these cute and colorful little goodies and my daughter said "Don't even worry about whether my class will like these... they won't. They'll LOVE them!" So, it's safe to say that I feel pretty confident.

Zany Dr. Seuss Treats:

Ingredients:

12 cups trix cereal
5 tablespoons salted butter
10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
1 cup blue melting disks (or white melting disks dyed blue)
Rainbow sprinkles
Colorful fish gummies

Instructions:

Spray or lightly grease a 9"x13" baking dish.

In a large pot, heat butter until almost melted. Add mini marshmallows and cook, stirring frequently, until completely melted. Add trix cereal and combine well. Pour mixture into 9"x13" baking dish. Make sure mixture is packed tightly and allow it to cool. Once cool, cut into squares.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate disks in 30-second intervals until smooth. Drizzle over cooled treats, place a gummy fish on top and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles!









No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...