Saturday, February 1, 2014

Easy Valentine Caramels

Pin It!

So... It's no secret that I love chocolate. I mean I looooove chocolate. Hubby and I have been dieting, err, "Eating better" lately and have only had a couple of cheat days so far. On those cheat days do you know what I eat? Chocolate.  I can't live without it's sweet, delicious chocolatey goodness...


I spent my morning trying to think of something cute I could make for Valentine's Day that hadn't already been done 1,000 times. I kept looking at my bag of See's Chocolate Chips and thinking that I just wanted to dig in and that, really, if I were to simply throw them in my mouth, that would be good enough. But, after I noticed some leftover caramels sitting up in my pantry and I saw my adorable heart-shaped sprinkles, I knew what had to be done...


Chocolate + Caramel = Amazing. Every. Time.


Look how pretty it is now that it's covered in chocolate. Chocolate makes everything pretty! It's almost Too easy!


The end result is an adorable pile of Valentine Caramels that will make anyone smile! They're cute, they're tasty and they're perfect for your Valentine!


Valentine Caramels Instructions:

Ingredients:

24 caramels, unwrapped
1 cup See's Candy Chocolate Chips
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Large heart-shaped sprinkles

Instructions:

In a microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate chips and oil. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stiring frequenty, until chocolate is melted.

Using a fork, dip caramels in chocolate, remove and set on wax paper. Before they dry, place large heart sprinkles on all sides (except the bottom...)

Admire their cuteness. Wrap up in cute Valentine's Day packaging and give to a loved one, friend, neighbor, or anyone you want to get in good with ;)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...