Monday, March 24, 2014

The Best Stuffed Mushrooms Ever

Pin It!


Here in California it seems like we've somehow missed Spring. It's been mid-70's weather for weeks now and i'm totally not complaining because I know most of the country has been experiencing snow-crazed weather, but seriously, where's my Spring? The only real benefit to this that I can see is that it's caused my darling husband to break out his grill, spatula and tongs and once again take his position as Grill Master. I love when he becomes Grill Master for the Spring & Summer seasons because that means I get the night off from cooking (with the exception of the side dishes & appetizers, of course!) 
Which brings me to today's recipe... what i'm about to share with you will change your life. Hopefully. No, no... I know it will... I made these amazing stuffed mushrooms this past Friday to go along with some juicy steaks my dear hubby was going to barbecue and we loved them so much that we made them again on Saturday. They are really that amazing.

If you love creamy, garlicy, bacony goodness and you love mushrooms then you're going to fall madly in love with these delicious mushrooms. I love them so much that I'm picturing them in my mind and debating making them again tonight as I type this. Once you've made these you will either love me because I've introduced you to the best stuffed mushrooms you have ever tasted or you will hate me because you will never be able to eat another stuffed mushroom as they will never ever compare to their awesomeness. Either way, prepare yourself for the tastiest thing to hit your mouth since... well... since whatever the last tasty thing was that you ate... 



The Best Stuffed Mushrooms Ever:

Ingredients:
  • 12 white button mushrooms
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
  • 3 strips bacon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon butter (or oil)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook bacon and reserve about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease. Allow bacon to cool, then crumble. Remove stems from mushrooms, mince and place into medium skillet over medium heat, along with reserved bacon grease and minced garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. 

In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, bacon and garlic/mushroom mixture. 

Fill a mushroom with [about] a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and place into shallow baking dish. Repeat with all mushrooms.

Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and filling is starting to brown.

Allow mushrooms to cool slightly then, try really, really hard not to eat them all within a minute or two.


Linked To:

TipJunkie

5 comments :

  1. Yummmm!!! I love stuffed mushrooms. Pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had stuffed mushrooms in such a long time. Pinned. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That looks delicious. It's been a while since I've had stuffed mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 stuffed mushrooms and I have found over the years not a single person makes them the same way! I am going to have to start a Pinterest board just for mushrooms. Chrystal @ YUMeating.com (non blogger site)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really do sound like the Best Stuffed Mushrooms EVAH! ;) Thank you for sharing them at Treasure Box Tuesday- PINNED! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...