Friday, May 16, 2014

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie with Carnation Breakfast Essentials

Pin It! “This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Nestle, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia  #BreakfastEssentials http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV






Now that I'm getting a little (tiny bit..) older, breakfast is more important than ever to me. When I was young, I was never really much of a breakfast person. Greasy breakfasts in the morning were not really appealing to me and for some reason, I was never given the option of a smoothie! Not cool...

Anyhow, I'm really glad that smoothies are a "thing" now, because I honestly don't know what I would do without them! My daughter and I are smoothie-holics and could drink them every day! Also, it's so much fun coming up with new combinations and fun, new smoothie flavors to keep things interesting, wouldn't you say?


Today I want to share with you a little secret ingredient that we have recently discovered... Carnation Breakfast Essentials! It makes the perfect smoothie base! I'm addicted to the chocolate. Totally addicted. Chocolate for breakfast? Yes, please! Not only is it completely delicious, but it's also packed full of vitamins, calcium and protein! So, I don't have to feel guilty for drinking (or having my daughter drink) a delicious chocolatey smoothie for breakfast! (YAY!) You can find the Carnation Breakfast Essentials in the breakfast aisle of your local Walmart (that's where I found mine)! You can get the powder, the pre-made or the individual packets! I went for the powder, because it's super easy to measure out and add to our morning smoothies! Lots and lots of smoothies are in my future now...


For today's smoothie recipe, I have decided to tempt you all with a little twist on a traditional dessert -- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie! Ohhhh yes! If you thought you loved shortcake before, wait until you add a little chocolate into the mix! Perfection.

Best. Smoothie. Ever.



Before you head to Walmart to pick up your supplies, be sure to print this coupon for your Carnation Breakfast Essentials!

You can also find more smoothie recipes here or by following Carnation Breakfast Essentials on Facebook.

Hope you have a delicious morning! ;)

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie:

Ingredients:
  • 8 large strawberries (frozen)
  • 1-1/4 cups milk
  • 1 (5.3 ounce) container vanilla greek yogurt
  • 3 mini crumb donuts
  • 1/2 cup Carnation Breakfast Essentials (Rich Milk Chocolate) Powder
  • 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
  • 4-5 ice cubes


Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth. If mixture is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk. 

Pour into glass. Top with donut crumbs, mini chocolate chips and a strawberry.

Makes 2 (8 ounce) smoothies.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...