Sunday, May 18, 2014

Green Eggs & Ham Sandwiches

Pin It!

Obviously today's post is more for the little ones. However, I will admit... it was a pretty delicious sandwich ;). I've kind of been on a Dr. Seuss kick since all the planning that went into my son's Dr. Seuss 1st Birthday. I love coming up with cute, fun and colorful treats that go along with the amazing Dr. Seuss books we all know and love! I grew up reading them, my daughter loves them and my son... well, he doesn't care too much right now, but he will! 

I came up with this sandwich as we had a ton of hard boiled eggs in our fridge after Easter and I was in party-planning mode, so I was surrounded by all things Seuss... I had never seen or heard of anyone turning an Egg Salad Sandwich into a green eggs & ham sandwich... so I did! Annnnd it was awesome!

Your kids will love to find this adorable sandwich in their lunchbox at school and if they're fans of egg salad (like my daughter) they will be completely stoked for a cuter version of the classic sandwich! Unfortunately, the only thing I had in the fridge was ham lunch meat, but I would have much rather used a ham steak cut into perfect little squares! Instead I took the easy route and tore a bunch of little pieces of ham ;) Plus the ham looks a little purple... and it really wasn't! I promise. We don't eat purple ham in our house...

I hope you and your Seuss-loving family love this sandwich as much as we did! Enjoy!!

Green Eggs & Ham Sandwich:

Ingredients:
  • 3 hard boiled eggs
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • 1/4 cup diced ham
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Green food dye
  • 2 slices bread


Directions:

Smash together eggs, mayonnaise, mustard and green dye. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Mix in diced ham. Spread mixture on toasted bread and serve to hungry children (or adults!)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...