Monday, June 9, 2014

#FoodDeservesDelicious: BBQ Chicken & Ranch Tortellini

Pin It!
I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias


In our house, there is no question over who is the biggest Ranch dressing lover. (I win!!!) I have loved it since I was a young child and it will always, always hold a special place in my heart! Now that I'm older, I'm always trying to come up with new and delicious simple salad recipes to throw together using ranch, but this time I decided to test myself and my recipe developing skills and see what new and creative thing I could do with ranch dressing! Soooo after much thought, I came up with something that I knew would be a real winner: BBQ Chicken & Ranch Tortellini! Plus, there was going to be a ton of bacon in there, too, so it was bound to be delicious!


Of course,  I had to first go to Walmart and pick up some Kraft ranch dressing to use in my recipe! 
(The new Kraft Pourables have been reinvented with a new, better taste!) I also grabbed some 3 cheese tortellinis (i'm completely addicted to them right now!), fresh garlic, parsley, barbecue sauce, bacon and evaporated milk for my special recipe!


I also grabbed some Kraft Zesty Italian dressing, because I love, love throwing it in an easy pasta salad or some delicious salad recipes! Yum! I love tangy flavors right now! I'm actually a little obsessed...


The first thing I did to make my BBQ Chicken & Ranch Tortellini was to cook up my bacon, save about a tablespoon of the grease and throw some fresh garlic in with it! Love the smell of fresh garlic cooking! Especially when its' cooking in bacon grease ;)


Next I added my evaporated milk and my ranch dressing. Yummmm!


BBQ chicken soon followed! 


I poured the sauce over the cooked tortellinis and mixed in the bacon! Honestly, is there a recipe out there that can't be made better with the addition of bacon? You might call me crazy, but I would put bacon on anything! I challenge you to find something that bacon would NOT be delicious on/in!


The final product! It was good! So, so good! Hubby loved it and when we ate the leftovers, I think we liked it even more! If you have a ranch-loving family like I do, you should definitely give this recipe a try! It's pretty simple, but extremely delicious! I think you're gonna love it ;)


BBQ Chicken & Ranch Tortellini:

Ingredients:
  • 8 slices bacon, cooked (reserve 1 tablespoon grease)
  • 1 (20 ounce) package 3 Cheese Tortellini
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup Kraft Ranch Dressing
  • 3 chicken thighs, cooked 
  • 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • Salt & pepper (to taste)



Directions:


Cook bacon until crispy and remove 1 tablespoon of the grease from the pan.

Cook tortellini according to package directions.

Place the reserved grease in a medium saucepan along with minced garlic. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute, then pour in evaporated milk. Cook for 3 minutes, then add your ranch dressing and cook for an additional 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, remove chicken thigh meat from bone and place in a small bowl. Add barbecue sauce and combine. 

Mix BBQ chicken into the sauce and cook 1 more minute. Season sauce according to your taste! Mix in parsley, reserving just enough for garnish. 

Mix sauce with drained tortellinis, add bacon (reserve just enough for garnish!) and combine well. 

Place desired amount of tortellinis in your serving bowl and top with reserved parsley and bacon!

Enjoy!






1 comment :

  1. I love when you make a dish that is even better as a leftover! Definitely pinning this to try! Thanks! #client

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...