Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Carnitas Enchiladas

Pin It!

Today I'm going to get right to the point of this post... I'm not going to fluff it up, I'm not going to dilly dally... I'm going to get right the meat; the good stuff!

Lately I have been craving Mexican Food. Like, craving it. Like, I haven't thought about anything else... That kind of craving. So, I decided that I had to do something about it because I could hardly stand it anymore... I decided to make some Pork Enchiladas! Or, Carnitas Enchiladas... either way, they were delicious!


I just love a good enchilada. Don't you? Hubby and I agreed that these are by far our favorite enchiladas we've ever had! And we've had a lot of enchiladas in our day. They're so flavorful and perfect... You've just gotta try them for yourself! Seriously. Then, come back here and let me know what you thought, because I just have to know. I'll be waiting! 


Oh, and don't forget the Spanish Rice!


Carnitas Enchiladas:

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups shredded pork carnitas {recipe here}
  • 1 (28 ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce
  • 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro {plus extra for garnish}
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 12 corn tortillas
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat tortillas in the microwave until soft, about 2-3 minutes.

Mix pork, 1 cup of enchilada sauce, 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro and 2 cups of shredded cheese together in a mixing bowl and spread about 1/4 cup of the sauce on a large baking sheet. 

Place 1/3 cup of mixture in the center of each tortilla, roll and place on the baking sheet, leaving a little space between each enchilada. 

Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place in preheated oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and cheese has melted.

Garnish each enchilada with a little cilantro, a dollop of sour cream and a slice of avocado.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...