Sunday, August 10, 2014

Yummy Recipes: Banana Cream Puffs

Pin It!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AddCoolWhip #CollectiveBias


I recently realized that I haven't really made many desserts this summer. Most of the summer has been spent drinking water and staying hydrated to avoid death. Summer in California is no joke, people. For real. So, this week I decided to pump up the AC and spend my time whipping up a couple of delicious recipes to share with you all. I think you're going to love this one! It's adult and kid-approved.


First I had to grab my supplies while I was shopping at Walmart this week. I had downloaded a coupon  (*while supplies last) for $1 off when you buy 2 JELL-O puddings and a container of Cool Whip and I had to put it to good use!


It looked like a lot of people used Cool Whip this week!


For some reason I grabbed the sugar free Cool Whip, which turned out to be just as awesome as the original. I also picked up a couple of banana pudding JELL-O packages, some eggs, milk, and white chocolate! I already had the flour and butter I needed at home.


The first thing I did was mix together my pudding packages with 3 cups of cold milk. Then, I whisked in the Cool Whip. I covered it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to get really cold and delicious.


Then, I whipped up my cream puff mixture. I remember before I had my stand mixer and I used to whip it up with only my hand and a wooden spoon. My arm hurts just thinking about it...


Plop, plop... Next I put massive tablespoons full of the mixture on the baking sheet. My trusty old baking sheet... She's been through a lot, but she bakes everything to perfection, so she's still my #1.


Next I filled up my cream puff shells with banana pudding and a couple of slices of banana, drizzled on a little white chocolate and set them in the fridge to chill. 


The result was a tasty little dessert that my whole family raved about. My hubby, who isn't a huge dessert fan, loved them because of their creaminess and their banana-y-ness. He loves anything with bananas and cream. But then again, who doesn't?

------------------------------------------------------------

Banana Cream Puffs:

Ingredients:

Cream filling:
2 (3.4 ounce) packages JELL-O Banana Flavored Pudding
3 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip


Cream Puff shell:
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs

2 bananas, sliced
1/2 cup white chocolate melting disks (or chips), melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl, then gradually mix in Cool Whip. Cover and place in refrigerator to chill.

In a medium saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in flour, salt, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Place in refrigerator and allow mixture to cool for about 6-8 minutes, or until no longer warm.

Place in a mixer (or use a hand mixer) and beat on medium-high speed, adding eggs one at a time and mixing well between each addition.

Drop heaping tablespoons full of the mixture onto a greased baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, poke holes in each of the shells, then cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.

Remove shells from oven, allow to cool, cut in half, fill each shell with a generous amount of banana cream mixture, along with a couple of banana slices and replace top. 

Drizzle cream puffs with melted white chocolate and place in fridge for about 5 minutes and allow chocolate to harden.

Makes about 20 medium-sized cream puffs.


1 comment :

  1. What a delicious recipe! Thank you so much for sharing! #client

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...