Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Pulled Pork Stuffed Jalapeños aka "Piggy Poppers"

Pin It!

(BBQ Pulled Pork + Cream Cheese + Cheddar Cheese + Bacon + Jalapeños = Perfect Appetizer!)

I'm going to tell you a little secret right now... are you ready? I love poppers. I love them so, so, so much. I could eat 20 of them in one sitting... Okay, so maybe I shouldn't brag about that. I've actually never gotten to do it, but I know I could... I have that much faith in myself.

This past weekend hubby and I were in a snacking mood. I don't often find myself wanting a snack, but when I do, I want it more than I have ever wanted anything in my whole entire life. That means, when the craving hits, there is no stopping me. I'm like a crazy, hungry, whirlwind of emotions. 

One of the problems I always seem to come upon when I'm making poppers is a lack of proper protection for my hands. Meaning: no gloves. Someday, it's my goal to have a pair of gloves designated specifically for my popper making. They will have their own special little box with gold embellishments and a beautiful inscription. But, until that day comes... I will just try really, really hard not to touch the insides of the peppers as I deseed them. I will also go as quickly as possible and I will not rub my eyes... again. 


For this weekend's special snack I decided that we would need to go all out. I made a small batch of BBQ pulled pork in the crockpot, I bought a pound of bacon, a block of sharp cheddar cheese, a package of cream cheese and, of course, a bunch of Jalapeños. 

These little guys were the best tasting poppers we've ever had! The sweetness of the bbq pork was a perfect addition to the mix and even caused a delicious caramelization on the bacon. Yum! We lovingly nicknamed these "Piggy Poppers" because of the sheer amount of pork in each pepper! Almost too much goodness to handle! Whip up a batch of these for the next football game and you're bound to have guests (or spouses) drooling and begging for more!

--------------------------------------------
"Piggy Poppers"

Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 pound pork loin roast
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1 pound bacon, cut in half
  • 1 - 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 12 fresh jalapeños


Also needed:
  • Toothpicks
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place pork roast and chicken broth in slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours. Remove from slow cooker, place in bowl along with bbq sauce, and shred. Set aside.

Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise, remove seeds and place on (lightly greased) baking sheet. Fill the bottom of each jalapeño with about 2 teaspoons of cream cheese (depending on the size of your pepper.) Top with about 1 heaping tablespoon of the bbq pork mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. Wrap bacon half around the pepper and secure with toothpicks.

Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and jalapeños are soft.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...