Friday, August 22, 2014

Hubby's Saturday Morning Breakfast Potatoes

Pin It!

In our home, every Saturday, my dear hubby makes us breakfast and fills us full of the manliest foods ever: sausage, bacon, potatoes and fried eggs. One of his biggest accomplishments in the kitchen has to be his amazing breakfast potatoes. He makes a mean potato, I'm tellin' ya. 

Breakfast potatoes are one of those foods I have never truly conquered. Mostly because I'm not patient enough and I frantically flip them around the pan 50 times and they break up and get mushy. Hubby has a perfect zen about him when he's making his potatoes... he gets in the zone. I think the "zone" is where you need to be to master the art of breakfast potatoes, and someday, I, too, hope to be in the zone. 



These are the tastiest, most flavorful and prettiest breakfast potatoes I ever did see!

Obviously, if you don't like your onions and bell peppers "charred," you don't have to char them. We like to char things here... it's kind of our thing.


So, since tomorrow is Saturday... and since these potatoes are called "Saturday Morning Breakfast Potatoes" ... What do you think i'm going to say next? ;)

Make these on Sunday!! Just kidding. Make them tomorrow morning and come back and tell me how they've forever changed your mornings.



Hubby's Saturday Morning Breakfast Potatoes:

Ingredients:
  • 8 medium red potatoes, diced into 1/2" chunks
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 3/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 2 tablespoons bacon grease or oil {for frying}
Directions:

In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, place 2 tablespoons of bacon grease or oil, along with diced peppers and onions. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until they are just beginning to soften, then add diced potatoes. Season potatoes with seasoning salt, pepper, paprika and garlic, stir, and cover skillet. Allow potatoes to cook, covered, for 10 minutes.

Remove cover, sprinkle flour over the potatoes, then flip and stir them around. Allow potatoes to cook until outside is crispy and potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes  {flip and toss potatoes to make sure they don't burn.}

Remove from heat and serve! You've now made the most delicious breakfast potatoes ever! Pretty easy, right?









1 comment :

  1. This looks like my kind of breakfast! When I try this, I will have to go light on the charring, since my husband doesn't share my love there, but I am really liking this. And the sprinkling flour over them half way in? Genius! Thanks for sharing. Ooh, yeah. I 'm pinning this too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...