Tuesday, September 30, 2014

#SaveMartMakeMemories: Collect & Cook with Thomas Cookware

Pin It!
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central for Save Mart Supermarkets. I received Thomas Cookware items to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.


As you have probably noticed while you were shopping at your local Save Mart supermarket, there is a new promotion where you can "Cook and Collect" and earn free cookware just for shopping for your every day groceries! From now until January 20, 2015 you can collect 1 stamp for every $10 you spend and you can also collect bonus stamps for purchasing that week's special bonus items. You can imagine my complete excitement when I heard about this. Free cookware -- and all I have to do is shop for food and supplies for my family... Which I already do... AWESOME! 

Luckily, we live right around the corner from one of the many Save Mart Supermarkets in our town. We love the ease of shopping there, along with the selection of amazing produce and meat! My hubby is like a kid in a candy store in the meat department. Steaks, tri tips and briskets galore... Now that the #SaveMartMakeMemories promotion is here, I know we'll be spending even more time there, which will make him a very, very happy man.

I received and was able to test out two of the pieces from the collection (which includes 9 pieces that can go directly from your stove to your oven) and see if it was really worth the effort of collecting all those little stamps. 


First off, I used the small saucepan to cook my brown rice. We cook a lot of rice in our house, so for me, this is a big factor in determining how well a pot works. The pot also comes equipped with a built-in strainer on the lid, which is perfect for draining veggies and pasta! I really like that feature and know it will come in handy! Overall my rice came out very well. No sticking... So, it passed my test! Also, it was really easy to clean up and no hard scrubbing required!


The piece of cookware I was really excited to try out was the grill pan! Both the grill pan and the pot are marketed as "cook and pour," allowing you to drain off any excess liquid during (and after) the cooking process (very nice!) I believe that the best way to break in a new grill pan is by grilling up a couple of juicy, tender Rib eyes. What do you think? 

The grill pan heated evenly and gave my steaks the perfect grill marks (Yes!) I love a good grill mark. It adds so much to the flavor and the presentation of the steak! 


After cooking this amazing Brazilian dinner with the Thomas Cookware, I have to say, I was pretty impressed with it! These pieces are good, solid pieces and they don't feel inexpensive or cheaply made. They are high-quality cookware pieces that would make a great addition to anyone's collection. Plus, you can get them for free! You couldn't beat it even if you tried. Really. 



So, the next time you're shopping in your local Save Mart Supermarket, make sure to look for this display. You can see all the pieces in all their glory and get even more excited about collecting those little stamps. And from now on, when the person in front of you tells the cashier "No, i'm not collecting the stamps..." you're going to cringe. And, if you have the guts, you're going to chime in and volunteer to take them off their hands. Just because you're that nice.

I'm already on my way to collecting another piece. I'm thinking the Wok is my goal :) Which piece would you most like to have?

Make sure to follow Save Mart on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest for more updates and information on the promotion!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...