Friday, November 21, 2014

Shredded Cilantro Lime Chicken

Pin It!


Sometimes you want to take 4 hours to prepare a gourmet meal, complete with fancy little Hors d'oeuvres and champagne poached quail eggs over smoked ahi tuna (okay so I don't know if that's actually a thing) and sometimes... well, sometimes you just want to throw together a really easy dinner, like burritos or tacos. To be honest, most of the time I choose the latter, especially now that I have an 18-month-old son that constantly keeps me on my toes. The easier the dish is to prepare, the better. That means I will have more time to chase him down and remove the bits of crayon and couch-aged crackers from his slobbery little mouth. 

Yesterday was one of those days where by the end of the night my body felt like it had forgotten how to function properly and everything was set to auto-pilot. No longer was I the same woman I was when I opened my eyes that morning. Throughout the day I had become a shell of my former self, and had repeated the words "No, baby... No, baby..." about thirty dozen times... and that's no exaggeration.  

Today I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day... Now, almost 8 hours later, I feel beaten down and so, so ready for bed! In order to to end this post on a positive note and forget the fact that I am in desperate need of a vacation, I would just like to say... make this chicken, eat it and just enjoy life! It's perfect for burritos, tacos, taco salads or anything else you might be able to dream up! 

Leave me a comment below and let me know what you used it for! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Shredded Cilantro Lime Chicken:

Ingredients:
  • 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pat chicken breasts dry and rub with olive oil. If the breasts are super thick you can pound them out until they are all even in thickness. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the chili powder, the salt and the pepper, place on baking sheet (or baking dish) and cover with foil.


Bake chicken breasts for 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness. Once juices run clear and meat is no longer pink, remove from the oven and shred. Sprinkle with additional 1 teaspoon chili powder, lime juice and cilantro and mix well.

This chicken is perfect for burritos, tacos, taquitos or even by itself!

Makes about 2-1/2 cups shredded chicken.





1 comment :

  1. Hi Devi, oooh I do hope you'll swing by to Food on Friday to add this to Chicken! Cheers from Carole from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...