Monday, January 19, 2015

Churro Cheesecake Bombs

Pin It!


It's easy to wake up on Monday morning and think to yourself "wow, I really could have used my free time this past weekend a lot better."  Or feel like you didn't get enough rest in, or that you didn't get enough free-time or me-time. This past weekend was a perfect weekend for me, one full of relaxing, spending time together as a family and watching some sports games that didn't end at all how we had hoped. Oh well.

The hardest part about the weekend for me is trying to keep my almost-2-year-old from destroying the house so we can actually enjoy lounging, instead of sitting there, surrounded by billions of little toys, feeling like we live in a dump... a toy dump. I love my son, I do, but right now he's at the stage where his idea of "playing with toys" is actually just to take a toy, place it in a random spot in the house, then get another toy and place it in the trash, then get another toy and throw it at his sister, and so on. If I find one more puzzle piece in the sink I'm probably going to break.

On Sunday we had planned to watch the Packers vs. Seahawks game, followed by the UFC fight and it was going to be my job to make all the snacks (of course!) I made my Crispy BBQ Wings, Jalapeño Popper dip (coming later this week!) and these amazing Churro Cheesecake Bombs that I'm going to share with you right now!


The first step in making a truly delicious Cheesecake Bomb is by making a truly delicious cheesecake mixture! Then, you take that truly delicious cheesecake mixture and stuff it inside of a triangle of crescent roll dough. Easy peasy, right?


The next step is baking them until they're golden brown...

Like this! Then you roll them in some cinnamon sugar...


And Voilà! You now have yourself a plate of delicious Churro Cheesecake Bombs to serve to your sports-watching crew! How easy was that? Try not to eat them all before you serve them... I know it will be a challenge!

These bombs taste great slightly warm or at room temperature, it just depends on your preference! I haven't tried refrigerating them yet because they never stick around for very long. If you have any that do make it into the fridge, leave me a comment below and tell me how they taste ;)



Churro Cheesecake Bombs:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans crescent roll dough
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place cream cheese, egg, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and lemon juice in a stand mixer and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes), making sure to scrape the bowl at least twice (gotta get those cream cheese clumps incorporated!)

Unroll crescent dough and divide into triangles. Place a rounded tablespoon full of the cream cheese mixture on the wide part of the crescent roll, fold over, seal all edges, forming a "ball" shape, then fold the thin end of the crescent dough over the top of your bomb. Place on your baking sheet and repeat with remaining crescent rolls.

Allow bombs to cool slightly, then combine cinnamon and remaining sugar in a shallow dish and roll each bomb in the cinnamon sugar to coat.

Bake in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.

Makes 16 Bombs.








Linked to:
Flour me with love, skip to my lou, the ny melrose family, buns in my oven, ducks in a row


1 comment :

  1. Hi Devi:)
    These little packets of goodness are the "bomb!" Easy peasy and oh so tempting!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing...

    I'm already following your Pinterest board so I'll be pinning from there:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...