Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Carne Asada Marinade

Pin It!

My husband's favorite time of the year comes when he can bring his grill out of hibernation. We are huge BBQ fans and during the spring and summer, I'd say we BBQ almost 50percent of the time! Now that spring is here, our grill is up and running and my husband is happy once again. We have a lot of joint BBQ recipes where I make the marinade or the rub and he grills it to perfection. I'm pretty sure that's what marriage is all about, right?

I think a lot of people are scared of BBQing because they think it's a lot harder than it really is. I'm here to tell you that BBQing will be your new best friend if you learn how to do it properly. Now, I need you to prepare yourself for what you are about to see. Once you see this, I guarantee you will run to store and make it. This is, hands down, the best carne asada you will ever taste. I guarantee it!

Also, if you have yourself a local farmers market or a place you can find homemade tortillas, I highly suggest you use homemade tortillas for this! Also, be sure you make the perfect salsa to go with it!


Carne Asada Marinade:

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
  • 4 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • Around 3 pounds of good quality, thinly sliced, carne asada

Directions:

First, you're going to want to mix all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Now, you can either place your meat into the bowl with the marinade or you can put it into a ziplock bag and pour the marinade into the bag. Place it in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours. Make sure you marinate it for at least 4 hours.

Grilling instructions:

Prepare your BBQ for direct heat grilling. Make sure it gets nice and hot. With carne asada, the meat cooks very fast so you want to make sure to get those perfect grill marks!

Place the carne asada on the grill, sprinkle with salt, close lid and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes (depending on the thickness).

Turn meat over, close lid and cook for an additional 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.

Now, put it on a plate and serve it to your eager family.

1 comment :

  1. Oh my!! Mr. B has had me on the hunt for a good carne asada recipe. Yours looks GREAT!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...