Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler with Homemade Ice Cream

Pin It! Today I decided to share something that is so delicious that i'm pretty sure it will be your new favorite thing. I was searching around the many, many blogs I follow and I found an interesting little post on making homemade soft serve ice cream... without an ice cream maker! I was so excited when I saw this that I immediately (well, about 4 hours later) went to the store and got the ingredients to make it.

Here is the final product:


It's very, very creamy and has a deliciousness to it that you can only understand once you've tried it!

I divided the recipe into two plastic containers and since we ended up eating one of the containers within 10 minutes of opening it, I had one container left. I knew there had to be a purpose for this ice cream. There was so much more it could give than to just sit in a little bowl. It deserved something to compliment it's creamy goodness... So, I searched for something more. I happened to notice that my local store had a really good deal on blackberries and since i've never made any kind of dessert with blackberries, I decided that the answer was to make:

Blackberry cobbler!


So, what i'm here to tell you is that you need to make some homemade ice cream. Then, you need to make some blackberry cobbler. Then, you must put the ice cream on top of the blackberry cobbler. It's as if they were made for eachother. The ice cream was truly meant to go on top of warm desserts because when it melts it tastes so very, very good!

You're welcome.

Homemade Ice Cream Recipe (from Come Together Kids)
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until it's nice and creamy and slightly starts to form soft peaks.

Add in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix until it's all combined.

Place it in a plastic container and freeze it. I found that it was the best consistency after at least 6 hours.


Blackberry Cobbler Recipe (from Pioneer Woman)
1 stick butter
1-1/4 cup sugar
1 cup self-rising flour (or you can make your own self-rising flour by mixing 1 cup all purpose flour with 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt)
1 cup milk
2 cups blackberries

Melt butter in the microwave.

Pour flour and 1 cup of sugar into a mixing bowl.

Whisk in milk.

Pour in melted butter and whisk it all together.

Rinse and pat blackberries dry.

Pour the batter into a buttered baking dish (I used a round dish). Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sugar over the top.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour (or until it's nice and golden).

Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar over cobbler about 10 minutes before it's done. It just makes it look so much prettier!


>HatingMartha

3 comments :

  1. Wow! I have to say this looks amazing! Wish I had some right now! Maybe I'll go to the store and buy the ingredients! I can't believe we live in the same city! Gosh blogland is a smal world. I found your blog through sassy sites, and the rest is history! Wow I am still in a bit of shock! Glad that you are nearby! I don't feel so alone anymore out in bloggy world! Feel free to email me anytime! My email is on my blog ;) hope you have a great weekend! Weather is supposed to be in the high 70s...perfect if you ask me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! If you have some spare time come see my blog!
    http://stuffitwithacupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yum- { I think I say that on EVERYTHING you post!!!!} So good though Devi- seriously so so good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...