Saturday, April 16, 2011

Crockpot Shredded Beef

Pin It!

Back when we were dating, before we got married, one of the things my husband liked to do for me was to cook me dinners. At this time I was actually the one in the relationship that never cooked. I'm pretty sure the only things I made were macaroni and cheese and toast. He used to make me all kinds of delicious food, and to this day there are still a few of his recipes that are very common in our house.

The recipe i'm going to share with you was a recipe his dad used to make for him when he was young. Him and his dad both share a love for mexican food, which is probably why the recipe was one of their favorites. It's a crockpot recipe with only 3 ingredients, which means it's great for days when you are super busy! It is probably one of the simplest and most delicious crockpot recipes out there!


Crockpot Shredded Beef: {Print Recipe}

Ingredients:
2.5 - 3 pound beef chuck roast
1 (14.5 ounce) can of stewed tomatoes
6 ounces beef chorizo (the soft kind, not the "sausage" kind) 

Instructions:
The only thing you need to do for this delicious meat is place it in your crock pot, pour the can of stewed tomatoes over the it and place the chorizo on top. You don't have to cut it up or mash it up.

Turn your crockpot to low and cook for 8-9 hours.

While you're preparing the rest of the meal you can shred the beef and make sure the chorizo is all mixed in with the beef and the juices.

We like to serve ours with tortillas, spanish rice and a dollop of sour cream. Oh, and you can't forget the perfect salsa.

2 comments :

  1. Hi Devi, I found your blog through a friend that pointed me to your peanut butter easter egg recipe. When I read that you're from the central valley, I got excited and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Lori, and I also live in the central valley (Visalia to be exact) and am a blogger (although my poor blog has been neglected the past year or so....I have been sporadic about posting instead of regular about posting). This recipe looks great, and like something my family will REALLY enjoy. I was wondering, do you take the chorizo out of it's casing or do you leave it in?

    Blessings,
    Lori
    http://lori.scottdomain.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lori! I am from Visalia as well! What are the odds? I will definitely go check out your blog!

    We don't use the casing when we make this recipe :) It is super simple and super tasty!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...