Thursday, July 28, 2011

Macaroni Salad

Pin It!

I'm going to keep this short and sweet because... well, just because! Life is so strange sometimes... you think you have a handle on everything, then one day it all completely changes! Life is full of twists and turns and unexpected situations and let's just say that there have been some pretty crazy twists (and turns too) for my family within the past couple of months! Pretty much what I'm saying here is pretty, pretty please forgive my horrible blogging efforts! Or lack of efforts... I've been a very bad blogger and for that I'm sorry! I stand here now in front of you with a promise for a better future... a future full of wonderful and delicious recipes! We can start off with this recipe for Macaroni Salad. Unfortunately, this is not my recipe. I really wish I could claim it as my own, though. I make it for almost every one of our family BBQs. It's the best. Ever.

Oh, and also... please excuse the picture... My camera was dead and I only had my mother in law's camera to use and I'm unfamiliar with it... plus, it was pretty dark in her house that night!

Macaroni Salad Recipe:
 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup white vinegar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2  large onion (chopped into tiny little pieces)
2 stalks of celery (also chopped into tiny little pieces)
1 green bell pepper (and yes, once again... chopped into little tiny pieces)
2 tablespoons chopped pimentos

Cook the macaroni in boiling water for about 8 minutes. Once it's done, drain it and rise it with cold water. Place it in whatever bowl you wish to serve it in.

In a different bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper and pimentos. Pour over macaroni and mix well.

For the absolute best flavor, refrigerate it over night. If you're in a hurry you can just put it in the refrigerator for 4 or 5 hours.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...