Friday, September 30, 2011

Enchiladas Suizas

Pin It!

I already regret doing this blog because now I really, really, really want these enchiladas. This is a pretty simple recipe, and I'm sure some of you have made them... but, until about 2 months ago I had never even tasted them. Now, i'm hooked and they are officially my favorite enchilada.

Enchiladas Suizas Recipe:
1 28oz can green chile enchilada sauce
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
2 cups monterey jack cheese (shredded)
2-3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked)
12-13 corn tortillas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the sour cream into the enchilada sauce (I usually just mix them together in the can.)

Mix the cheddar and monterey jack cheese together.

Shred the chicken and place in a bowl. Mix in 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce mixture.

Warm the corn tortillas (I just use the microwave... easy enough!) and begin assembling the enchiladas. I like to put about 2 rounded tablespoons of the chicken mixture on the tortilla first and spread it out, then add about 2-3 tablespoons of the cheese and roll it all up.

As you finish the enchiladas, place them in a large baking dish (I use my lasagna pan) with no spaces between them.

Once you have all of your enchiladas in the pan, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top and spread it out. Top with the remaining cheese

Place in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until enchiladas are heated through and the cheese on top is nice and melty.

3 comments :

  1. mmmmhmmmm! Those look goood!
    A wonderful idea for dinner this week! Thank you!
    ;D

    Kara :)

    http://lovehomebird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks so good! I bet my kids would love this for dinner one night! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS, girl... you sure know how to make a foodies mouth drool! Those look INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...