Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bow ties & Beef with Creamy Porter Sauce

Pin It!

It's a new year, which means that I can start fresh and get back to blogging. I've been cooking so much lately and it's time for me to get some of the recipes up! This recipe was made specifically for my husband who happens to be a  beer lover. This recipe was created for him because he pretty much loves when I make anything with beer, especially when it involves meat (specifically beef). If you don't really like to cook with beer you can just substitute the beer for some beef broth!





Bow ties & Beef with Creamy Porter Sauce Recipe:   |Print Recipe|

2 pounds Stew Meat (or chuck roast cut into cubes)
1 12oz Bottle of a good Porter Beer (I used Deschutes)
4 cups Bow tie Pasta (cooked)
12 ounces of fresh mushrooms (sliced)
2 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
2 cups heavy cream
3 tbsp fresh parley (chopped)
3 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper to taste




Heat oil in pan (One that has a lid. I used my dutch oven.) over medium-high heat. Season meat with salt and pepper and add to pan. Brown on all sides. Remove meat and set aside. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan and add fresh garlic and mushrooms. Sautee for 3-4 minutes. Add meat back to pan and pour in the beer. Bring to a boil and cover with lid. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to cook for about 1 hour (checking frequently) or until meat is juicy and tender. Add a few tablespoons of beer if the liquid seems to be disappearing too quickly.


Once the meat is done, there should be some juices left in the pan, if not, add about 1/4 cup of broth. To this mixture, add heavy cream and salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken. Make sure to taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Once it's done, add in fresh parsley and cooked pasta.


Serve with a fresh salad and some good bread and watch as this meal is thoroughly devoured.

Linked To:



Lovely Crafty HomeTodays Creative BlogThirty Hand Made DaysBubbly Nature

4 comments :

  1. This made my mouth water. My hubs begs for beef in dinners, but I'm at a loss usually. This is great!- Pinning now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok.. I should be in bed, but now I am hungry...LOL!!! This looks soooo good!! thanks for sharing!

    I have a project party every weekend if you want to join here.. http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/01/vanilla-bean-iced-coffee-and-project.html
    Have a great day!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up!!! Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. about how many does this serve?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...