Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ham & Cheese Stuffed French Toast

Pin It!

I absolutely love breakfast foods. Some of my favorite mornings are when we have pretty much nothing in our fridge and I go in there and search for random ingredients to make breakfast with. One morning I happened to find some lunch meat and cheese left in the fridge along with everything I needed to make french toast. Well, being the daring girl I am, I decided to throw them together and make what has now become one of my favorite breakfasts, ham and cheese french toast! Instead of frying the french toast I decided to put a bunch of them together and bake it in the oven to save me from having to clean more and also just because I was feeling lazy!





Ham & Cheese Stuffed French Toast Recipe:   |Print Recipe|

12 slices bread (any bread of your choice! really!)
12 slices ham
2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar, because that's what I had, but whatever you have will work!)
3 eggs (beaten)
1.5 cups milk
Confectioner's sugar (for dusting)
Butter
Maple Syrup


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Grease a 9"x13" baking dish. Place 6 of the bread slices in the bottom. Layer each piece with 2 slices of ham and top each with about 2 tablespoons of cheese. Once the bread is covered with the ham and cheese, cover it with the remaining bread slices.


In a medium bowl, mix together eggs and milk. Pour over the bread and let it soak in for about 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle the top of the bread with remaining cheddar cheese. 


Bake in preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.


You should be able to separate each "stuffed french toast" piece. Drizzle maple syrup over the top and dust with confectioner's sugar.

Linked To:
Lovely Crafty HomeTodays Creative BlogThirty Hand Made DaysBubbly Nature

2 comments :

  1. ohhh sounds very yummy and the baking makes it healthy, yes? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!!! You are posting again and this looks so scrumdiddlyumptious!!! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...