Friday, March 9, 2012

Churros

Pin It!

Honestly, is there anyone out there who doesn't like churros? I've met people who don't like chocolate, I've met people who don't like peanut butter, but is there really anyone out there who doesn't love a good churro? I remember these sugary little treats being a huge part of my childhood. Every time we went to the Fair or to a Carnival I had to get a churro, and usually by the end of the night I was begging for another one. The best way I can think to describe a churro is that they are stick-like donut things with a crispy exterior, soft, pillowy interior and a delicious cinnamon and sugar coating. "Stick-like donut things" may not be the best descriptive words out there, but they are the only ones I could come up with right on the spot. 

Here is a delicious recipe that I found years ago and I can't remember where I got it, but it is the recipe that I use and will always use when I'm craving something sweet. The great thing about this recipe is that you probably already have all of the ingredients you need to make them and you won't even have to make a special trip to the store! Yay! :) Just make sure you have one of those awesome frosting decorating tools you use to decorate cakes and cupcakes and you're all set!

Churro Recipe:    |Print Recipe|

1 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cinnamon/Sugar coating:
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


In a medium pan, add the water, brown sugar, salt, and butter and heat until it begins to boil.


Remove from the heat and add in the flour.


In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs and vanilla and add this mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until it's all nice and mixed together.


Fill a frosting decorating tool (fitted with a large star tip) with the churro mixture.


In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.


Heat your oil to 350 degrees and make sure it is nice and hot before you proceed to the next step.


Squeeze about a 5" long piece (using the decorating tool) into the oil.Use a knife to cut and release the end of the dough from the decorating tool.


Fry for about a minute, then flip. Cook for additional minute or two, then remove and place on paper towels.


While the churros are still warm, roll them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.


Now, try not to eat them all before you are done frying them all! :)


I'm Linked To:

Skip To My Lou  add a pinch.com 
Celebrations At Home 
Todays creative blog
Addicted To Recipes

20 comments :

  1. Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe I have never heard of churros before! But they sure look YUMMY!

    Thanks for joining Show Some Love Linky Follower Fest Blog Hop! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found you on blog hop and I'm now following you. I would appreciate it if you would follow me back. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That looks delicious!
    Thanks for joining the Linky Follower Fest! I'm a new follower!
    Julie @ Singing Three Little Birds

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son LOVES churros, thanks so much for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these look so good! I'm pinning now to make with my kids soon! Thanks for sharing at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just pinned this. I've always wanted to know how to make churros. My greatest weakness when I'm at any amusement park. I think you've gotten me in a lot of trouble here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My jr. high school used to serve these as part of lunch! How the dietary restrictions have changed since then! They look great and sound easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm these sound sooo good! I love churros too, you're right, who doesn't!? Our local ice cream shop has some really good ones so I'm waiting for it to open for the season again, but why not make them at home! Your recipe sounds easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love churros.. like with my whole soul!! I always thought of them as 'fair food' but then I went to a fancy mexican restaurant and they had churros with "mexican hot chocolate" (which was spiced thicky creamy hot melted chocolate) and you dipped the churros into it. OH. MY. LAWD!!! SWOON!! I think I will have to try to make your version and then figure out how to get some cinnamon-y chocolate and lose my mind with delight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness, this looks delicius. Seriously, does it get better than homemade churros? Now that I think about it, this will be dangerous to my caloric intake. Ha oh well! Thanks for sharing, definitely pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh...my mouth is watering. These looks super tasty. Pinned it so I can try later. I would love if you shared this on my link party.

    http://www.kampenlane.com/2012/04/hope-everyone-had-great-weekend.html

    Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ~Taylor
    www.kampenlane.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to try making churros at home..thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband loves Churros! I can't wait to try this! I'm your newest follower. :) I'd love it if you link this up to my party. http://www.thelittlegiggler.com/2012/05/love-it-and-link-it-up-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm definitely pinning this! They look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks SO delicious! visiting from Tatertots and jello

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just had a churro last Thursday - sooooo good! I would love to try a homemade version.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...