Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rocky Mountain Candy

Pin It!


Ahhh peanut butter. There is really nothing quite like it, is there? March 1st was actually National Peanut Butter Lover's Day and this year, I decided to go big! To celebrate this delicious little holiday I decided I would invent my very own, oh-so-delicious, peanut buttery treat. This yummy candy is full of peanut butter, marshmallows and coconut, all nicely packaged in a delicious white chocolate shell. The name of this candy seemed obvious as when I looked at the mounds of white chocolatey goodness that lined my baking sheet, I couldn't help but picture the beautiful snow-covered Rocky Mountains!

Rocky Mountain Candy Recipe: 

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut 
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
  • 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1-1/2 cups white chocolate melting disks (melted)


Directions:

In a medium bowl, combine marshmallows, coconut, peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar. 

Roll into 12 ping pong sized "balls" and place on a baking sheet. 

Place the baking sheet in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture begins to firm up.

Remove from freezer and using a spoon, roll mixture in white chocolate, remove and place directly on parchment paper or in cupcake liners to harden.

Makes 12 candies.

Linked To:
Ninth Street Notionsadd a pinch.comCraft DIY Ideas Skip To My LouToday's Creative BlogTidyMomKitchenFunI Heart Nap TimeGBPRecipeRoundUp The Mandatory Mooch
Love Veggies & Yoga
Celebrations At Home
Addicted To Recipes
Fantastical Sharing of Recipes

26 comments :

  1. This looks so good that my mouth is watering! I am a huge peanut butter fan! MMMMMMMM!!!!! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so heavenly! Makes my mouth water too. Found your post via TipJunkie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish! Found you via TipJunkie and just had to share with via Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, those look super yummy. I wish I could try one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH those look delicious! New Linky follower from the Wednesday blog hop! Hope to see you! :) xo, Reannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks good!
    loving your blog and your recipes!
    So glad that I found you!
    New follower from the 3 four and under hop!
    http://mommamadeit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! My mouth is watering just thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK-I love everything about this! National Peanut Butter Day!? I live in the Rockies, so I will definitely have to make this!I would be totally excited if you stopped by to link these up this weekend at my party:)
    Kim

    http://too-much-time.com/2012/03/get-schooled-saturday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks YUMMY! I would love for you to link up to Do Something Crafty Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/03/do-something-crafty-30/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look and sound scrumptious. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came across your post at Mingle Monday and I'm hooked! I love how simple these are to make and the combination is making my mouth water. I pinned this recipe, can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! That looks so good. I want a handful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. found you through Tater Tots and Jello! This looks so yummy. A whole day just for peanut butter! That's genius. I live on an Island and peanut butter is super expensive here but I always have family and friends bring me a jar when they visit! Thanks for this yummy recipe! I'm pinning. If you're interested I have a link party on my site today and I'd love you to join it. Maria at http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/2012/03/t-time-67-and-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! We just posted our Kitchen Fun and Crafty friday link party and would LOVE for you to share this!
    http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/03/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_15.html We have also included a Sugarlicious giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so tasty! Thanks for sharing them at Scrumptious Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. these look SO yummy!! Devi, i just stumbled upon your blog and it's amazing.. so much delicious recipes. i'm in heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh those look so good. My oldest just turned 5 and was able to try peanut butter for the first time - I know he'd love these!

    Thank you for linking up at Twisted Thursday. I stumbled and pinned your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just had to say this rocky mountain candy looks delicious!



    -Milynn
    Love and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look amazing!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. It's a new linky party starting today. Hope to see you there. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/07/tasty-thursdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I came over from Tasty Thursday for this recipe. Love your blog! I am a new follower on GFC. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays last week. I love this recipe. I'm going to have to pin it for Christmas goodies. Hope to see you again this week!!
    Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh me oh my! Saw these on Pinterest and am so glad I clicked my way over. Re-pinning for sure and also sharing with my readers on Facebook. I think I'll be adding these to my holiday candy repertoire! Thanks!

    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  23. Saw this recipe when you dropped it off at Michele Anne's Kitchen. With Love and love it.. Would like to invite you to our Foodie Friends friday Linky Party tonight.. It goes until Sunday evening. WE have great food, great friends and great giveaway. It starts at 9 pm EST and will be live on my blog or at http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...