Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Growing Your Own Green Onions

Pin It!

In this post where I shared the recipe for the Mexican Casserole that I made, I mentioned that you can grow your own green onions. Yesterday I decided to snap a picture of the progress that my green onions had made after less than 2 days of growing! I don't know if it's just me, but I am seriously excited about this! This success and the rewards that will come from it have truly inspired me and my goal is to begin my own garden full of herbs and veggies that I can use in my recipes! 

I have never planted anything outside, aside from the tree that my dad and I planted when I was 6, and I am hoping that I won't fail miserably and be left with just a mound of soil in the end. Having a garden can't be as hard as I think, right? Everybody wish me luck! 

How to grow your own green onions:

  • Cut onions about 2" up from the bottom.
  • Place in a container in your window. 
  • Fill with water about 1/2 way up the side of the onions.
  • Change water every single day!
  • Enjoy your green onions. :)
I hear you can do the same thing with Celery, so I will have to give that a try!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...