Monday, April 9, 2012

Cheesy Bacon Deviled Eggs

Pin It!


Well, I survived another holiday and lived to tell about it. To me, holidays can sometimes be incredibly stressful and draining and most of the time i'm glad when they're over and I can look back and say "That was sure a fun time..." Because, let's face it, when you're remembering a fun vacation or Christmas morning, you rarely remember that your kids were whining the whole way there or crying because they didn't get that extremely rare and special toy that all of the toy stores were sold out of. Although, I must say that my daughter was especially happy and cheerful this Easter and she went on and on about what a fun time she had and has spent the whole day eating candy and playing with her new toys. Yay!

This Easter, my husband (being the master BBQ'er that he is) made us some of his delicious BBQ chicken, while my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and myself provided all the sides and desserts. This year, I was in the mood for simple and easy, so a lot of the things I made for Easter dinner were both simple and easy! My daughter and my niece had dyed a ton of eggs the night before, so instead of them just sitting in the fridge for days and days, I decided to make some deviled eggs for an appetizer. I had remembered that one time I made some deviled eggs that had cheese in them and they were extremely delicious, so this time I decided to take it up a notch and throw in some bacon. Super duper yummy! I don't think i'll ever be able to eat traditional deviled eggs again. Well, maybe I will... but, these were sure a delicious alternative :)


Cheesy Bacon Deviled Eggs:   |{Print Recipe}|

12 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons mayonnaise 
6 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices of bacon (crumbled) or you can use about 2 tablespoons of the Hormel Real Bacon Bits (the ones that come in the jar)
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
Salt (to taste)
2 slices bacon (or 1 tablespoon bacon bits) and 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese (for garnish)

Slice hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise and place all yolks in a small bowl. Add mayonnaise, cheese, bacon and mustard and mix together. Add salt to suit your tastes. 

Fill each egg half with a rounded teaspoon full of the mixture. Top each half with a small pinch of cheese and a few small bacon pieces. 



Linked To:

Todays Creative Blog


Tip Junkie handmade projectsWhipperberry

10 comments :

  1. Love your blog and this yummy recipe ! Can you please post at my Taste This Thursday party! Your newest follower !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deviled Eggs with cheese AND bacon?! YES PLEASE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing!! You have lots of great posts, I'm a new follower! Would you consider sharing this {and any other creations} over at my linky party?
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2012/04/taylor-house-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum.yum. YUM! I am a huge devil egg fan and I am so going to whip these up next time! Super yummy, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh if you want another place to share this baconlicious recipe please join us at Bacon Time's anything goes linky up now.
    http://www.bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE deviled eggs, and these look soo good! One of my favorite party treats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love deviled eggs and this looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love deviled eggs, but have been deprived and never had cheese or bacon added to them! I will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I normally only make regular deviled eggs for holidays, but man oh man am I going to be making these this year! Hubby will go nuts over these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...