Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Grilled Garlic Parmesan Burgers

Pin It!

It's officially summertime! You know what that means... if you haven't already, it's time to break out the grill and get to cookin'! Without a doubt, summer BBQ's are the only thing that keep me sane during the hot summer months. Most of my summer days are spent sitting in front of the fan sipping on some delicious ice water and I can barely muster up the strength to get up and actually "do" anything, so cooking dinner usually sounds like the most miserable experience ever. I do, however, like to take advantage of the fact that my husband absolutely loves to grill. One of the things I love most about him is that during these unbearable months, he happily provides us with deliciously grilled dinners and I get to sit back and watch him sweat. 

This summer I have a lot of goals that i'm really hoping to accomplish. My number one goal is to get my house organized. Organization is not something that comes naturally to me. Oh no, quite the opposite... Pure and utter chaos and clutter is what comes naturally to me. I'm pretty sure that I will be seen on one of the episodes of "Hoarders" somewhere down the line. I can't seem to throw away anything and the countless boxes of my daughter's adorable drawings, her baby toys, her baby clothes and everything that she has ever owned over the past 6 years seem to be piling up. It doesn't help that my mother was the exact same way and she kept every single thing that I ever came in contact with. You know what the best part is? When I got married and got a place of my own, do you know what she did? She handed over every single box of mine that she had saved over past 18 years and said "Here you go!" Thanks Mom. So, now you understand why I have such a difficult time getting rid of anything! That's my story.

Now that I've got that off my chest, we can continue on to the delightful recipe that I have to share with you. I can't express how much I adore garlic. I use garlic in pretty much every meal that I make. What you must understand is that garlic was meant to go into your burger. Your burger is supposed to have fresh garlic in it. If your burger does not contain any traces of fresh garlic, then you, sir, or madam, are missing out! I double dog dare you to try this recipe and tell me that the garlic burger doesn't kick the butt of the regular old burger. Plus, the parmesan cheese gives it a whole new flavor dimension and texture that is out-of-this-world! 


Grilled Garlic Parmesan Burgers Recipe:   


Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds 20% fat ground beef
  • 6 ounces parmesan cheese (grated)
  • 8 cloves fresh garlic (finely minced)
  • 1 tablespoon cold water
  • Salt & pepper
  • Dijon mustard
  • Mayonnaise
  • 6 large buns
  • Green leaf lettuce
  • Cheese (mozarella or monterey jack is great!)
  • Tomatoes, onions, etc. 


Directions:

Combine ground beef, parmesan, garlic, water and salt and pepper. Form into 6 patties. 

Lightly grease the grill and prepare it for direct heat grilling. Place burgers on grill, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. If you are adding cheese, place it on the top of the burgers during the last minute of cooking.

Dress up your burger the way you like it. We like to use mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lettuce, fresh tomato and sliced red onion! 

Whipperberry

11 comments :

  1. These sound phenomenal! What a great idea to add garlic & parmesan! I'm with you on letting the hubs grill. So much easier for him to grill and then I do the sides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! hands down YES I have to make these!! Yumm-o in my Tumm-o!!! Thank you girl- and that photo is the bomb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these look savory! Yum!! Please link up to Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you over at TT&J!! Love your Burgers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caught your post on Tatertots and Jello. I can't wait to make this for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never thought to put parmesan cheese in a burger! Looks great! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm these look great!! I to feel like that during the summer. Dragging butt cause it's so hot. My number this summer is to also get my house organized, it's a hott mess haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...